3M Valved Respirator, 8511PB1-A-PS, Paint Sanding, White, 10 Pack
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Designed to help provide comfortable reliable worker respiratory protection against non-oil based particles
- Two-strap design with welded point attachment helps provide a secure seal
- Features proprietary cool flow valve that reduces heat build-up inside the respirator
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
3M Tekk Protection 10 Pack Respirator Cool Valve Filtering Facepiece Particulate Respirator N95 Lightweight Comfortable "M" Nose Clip Recommended For Preparation Before Painting NIOSH Approved: N95
3M 8511 Respirator with Cool Flow Valve
3M 8511 Respirator with Cool Flow Valve
Part of our Pro Series, the 3M 8511 Respirator with Cool Flow Valve is designed with the pro in mind to help bring you protection and comfort. Our most popular valved disposable respirator, it is equipped with a Cool Flow valve, which helps reduce heat build-up inside the respirator, helping to enhance your comfort during longer jobs. This N95 respirator features Advanced Electrostatic Media that enhances the capture of airborne particles while allowing you to breathe easier. An adjustable M-noseclip helps provide a custom, secure seal. Whether you're hanging drywall or sanding a floor, rely on the trusted protection of the 3M 8511 Respirator with Cool Flow Valve.
3M 8511 Features and Benefits
- NIOSH-Approved N95 for at least 95% filtration efficiency against certain non-oil-based particles
- 3M Cool Flow Valve helps reduce heat build-up inside the respirator
- Breathe 30% easier* compared to 3M 8200, breathe easier is defined as initial pressure drop
- Advanced filter media for easier breathing
- Adjustable M-Noseclip helps ensure a custom, secure seal with fewer pressure points
- Stretchable, braided headbands for comfort
- Lightweight design comfortable for long periods of wear
- Convenient, disposable design
Relief from dusts and certain particles encountered during sanding projects (bare wood, non-lead painted surfaces, or drywall), grinding, sawing, sweeping, and installation of fiberglass insulation.
pollen, mold spores and dust particles encountered during outdoor activities such as gardening, cutting firewood, raking, and mowing.
|No components made from natural rubber latex||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Advanced Filter Media||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Stretchable, Braided Headbands||✓||✓||✓|
|3M Cool Flow Valve||✓||✓|
|Nusiance Level Organic Vapor Relief||Nusiance Level Odors Only|
Review this product
2 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
He says it doesn't smell bad when he has the mask on, which is as good a test as any available to us.
(the pictures are with duct tape, but gorilla tape stays put about 10x better on the felt.)
I've used this model for years, and here's why:
- it's actually comfortable
- it's very breathable. I can bike with it and breath quite hard before it becomes a hindrance.
- it's rated N95, i.e. this is good against particles like PM2.5 (filters 95% of them)
- the seal is very good regardless of your face shape and that's important
Note: This is what to get if you're in the bay area and looking for a mask right now. Do not get the non-rated one. You want N95 or P100 only. I just gave away what I had left so I'm getting a new pack.
The construction of this mask is a bit different from others of this general type. Most masks of this type have little depth. This mask is thick and has two part construction in depth. The surface of the mask is rigid on the outside. The interior of the mask is softly compliant. The springy exterior of the mask keeps the straps from pulling out, keeps the valve where it needs to be and holds the mask shape. The interior of the mask is soft, follows the curves of your face and wicks away sweat. The compliant, soft surface of the interior is perhaps the most important feature of the design both in terms of the fit and in preventing from dust from working its way around the side of the mask into your nose and mouth.
The breather valve has been added to reduce the effort in breathing through the mask. This is not the only function the valve has. The valve is positioned to guide your breath away from your glasses. This means that on cooler mornings that my glasses do not fog up. If you do work which routinely requires masks you will recognize this problem. Heat rises. With a mask without a valve my warm breath rises from the mask and fogs my glasses. The valve exhaust is positioned to prevent that. On all sorts of levels this mask has been carefully thought through both in design and construction.
By the way I have no relationship with 3M or any of its distributors. No one paid me to write this product evaluation. I appreciate the reviews written by others which guide me to better tools and more durable products, and help me separate good tools from cleverly packaged junk. I am returning the favor.