|Series||VivoBook 15 S510|
|Item Height||0.7 inches|
|Item Width||9.6 inches|
|Standing screen display size||15.6 Inches|
|Processor Type||Intel Core i7|
|Processor Speed||4 GHz|
|Computer Memory Type||DDR4 SDRAM|
|Maximum Memory Supported||16 GB|
|Hard Drive Size||128 GB|
|Hard Disk Description||Flash Memory Solid State|
|Hard Drive Interface||Solid State|
|Hard Disk Rotational Speed||5400 RPM|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel Integrated Graphics|
|Graphics Card Description||Integrated|
|Graphics RAM Type||Shared|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||8 GB|
|Graphics Card Interface||Integrated|
|Wireless communication technologies||Bluetooth|
|Wireless Type||802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|Number of HDMI Ports||1|
|Optical Drive Type||No Optical Drive|
|Are Batteries Included||Yes|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||42 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Packaging||Batteries contained in equipment|
|Lithium battery Weight||100 Grams|
|Number of Lithium Ion Cells||3|
|Number of Lithium Metal Cells||5|
|Item model number||S510UA-DS71|
|Product Dimensions||36.07 x 24.38 x 1.78 cm|
ASUS VivoBook S Ultra Thin and Portable Laptop, Intel Core i7-8550U Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB SSD+1TB HDD, 15.6" FHD WideView Display, ASUS NanoEdge Bezel, S510UA-DS71
|Price:||& FREE Delivery|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) WideView color rich display;Webcam : VGA Camera
- High performance 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD storage combo; 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Slim 14.2" wide, 0.7" thin; 0.3" ASUS NanoEdge bezel with 80% screen to body ratio
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor; Aluminum cover. Graphics: Intel HD
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type C (Gen 1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Dual band 802.11ac Wi Fi (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
15.6" display with 1920 x 1080 resolution showcases movies, games and photos with impressive clarity Intel Core i7 1.80 GHz processor provides lightning fast speed and peak performance for the toughest of tasks and games With 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM memory, you can multitask seamlessly between various applications without issue
The ASUS VivoBook S
The ASUS VivoBook S is the perfect combination of beauty and performance. Featuring a slim ASUS NanoEdge bezel, the latest 8th Generation Intel quad-core processor, brushed-metal finish, and a lightweight frame, the VivoBook S510UA is designed for today’s fast-paced mobile lifestyle.
Exceptional performance is at the core of the ASUS VivoBook S510UA. Powered by a powerful Intel Core processor and 8GB DDR4 RAM, the VivoBook S510UA delivers ultra-smooth visuals with no hiccups. Ultra-fast dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, lets you enjoy speeds of up to 867Mbps — that’s up to 6x faster than 802.11n! It’s everything you need for performance on-the-go!
Thin, Light, & Portable
The ASUS VivoBook S510UA is thinner and lighter than ever: it weighs just 3.7 lbs and has an amazingly thin 0.7” profile. The power of a full-size laptop and compactness of an ultrabook!
NanoEdge Display with Ultra-Narrow Bezel
Thanks to the ultra-narrow 0.3” NanoEdge bezel that gives an incredible 80% screen-to-body ratio, the ASUS VivoBook S510UA fits a full-size 15.6” FHD display into a typical 14-inch laptop frame. WideView technology and up to 178° viewing angles ensures that colors and contrast remain vivid and bold, even when viewed at extreme angles. It’s the perfect solution for sharing content with groups of friends or colleagues.
The ASUS VivoBook S510UA combines the best of both worlds: the blistering transfer speeds of an SSD and the huge storage capacities of an HDD. Install apps and games on the SSD for super-fast load times and use the HDD to house large files like movies, music libraries, and photo albums. Experience a drastic improvement in system performance, read/write speeds, boot-up times, and physical data protection with hybrid storage.
Note: Dual-storage configuration available on select models only.
The ASUS VivoBook S510UA comes equipped with a USB 3.1 port with reversible USB Type-C connector with an 'any-way-up' design that makes connecting devices simple and quick. USB 3.1 also delivers data transfer speeds up to 5x faster than legacy USB 2.0 connections! With its USB 3.1, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI, and SD card ports, the VivoBook S510UA supports hassle-free compatibility with a wide range of peripherals, displays and projectors.
Ergonomic Backlit Keyboard
The ASUS VivoBook S510UA comes equipped with a backlit keyboard that’s perfect for low-light settings. The sturdy, single-piece keyboard with up to 1.4mm key travel offers ergonomic and comfortable typing experiences for any hand size.
Quick and Secure Access
Accessing your ASUS VivoBook S510UA has never been easier or more secure. With a built-in fingerprint sensor in the touchpad and Windows Hello, there’s no need to type in your password every time to log in!
Crisp and Stunning Visuals
ASUS Splendid visual optimization technology provides the very best visuals for any kind of content. It features four display modes: Normal, Vivid, Eye-Care, and Manual, which can be accessed with a single click. ASUS Tru2Life Video technology makes any video look amazing. Through intelligent algorithms, it optimizes the sharpness and contrast of every pixel in every frame by 150% to produce incredibly vivid and realistic imagery no matter the source.
ASUS SonicMaster is a combination of hardware, software and audio tuning designed with the goal of giving you the very best audio experience. A professional-grade codec ensures precise audio encoding and decoding; while amplifiers, large speakers and resonance chambers perfectly-suited for the ASUS Vivobook S. Additional signal processing and tuning helps refine minute details, filter out any noise and improve audio clarity for truly immersive sound.
Customers who bought this item also bought
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
- The 802.11ac wireless connection really makes a difference. Internet is unbelievably speedy, which makes a huge difference for me since I use lots of heavy web applications for my work.
- Applications running on the computer are even faster. Even Premiere Pro runs smoother and easier than it does on my desktop. Keep in mind, my desktop has 12 GBs of RAM, but it's still running on an i5 processor. With an i7 8th generation processor, this laptop is outstripping everything and can run multiple intensive operations at a time. I often run into problems on my work computer (a Dell) with my web applications crashing when I run too many at a time. Not a problem on this guy.
- Battery Life. Battery Life is incredible. Best I've ever seen on any machine. I gave it a full charge at roughly 1PM Sunday, used it for 2 to 3 hours (setting it up, downloading applications, logging into my email), used it on Monday for 5 to 6 hours (doing heavy work), and now I've used it today, Tuesday for over 2 hours, and it just got down to 25% battery capacity. My older laptop would've needed a charge after the first two hours on Sunday. There's a slider in Windows that lets you toggle Battery Saver VS Performance, and that's super handy when on-the-go.
- Keyboard. I do lots of typing, and the keyboard feels nice and spaced out. My older Asus laptop had a "crunched keys" feeling to it, but this feels really comfortable. I'm not really a keyboard scientist or anything, but I experienced no problems typing on this guy.
- Size. The 15.6 screen is really nice, and it gives the entire laptop a bigger, better size than most Asus laptops. My old one was much smaller, and I often paid the price. This one is bigger, lighter, and thinner. Imagine that.
- Setup. There was almost no bloatware on this guy other than some of the Asus stuff. It's really refreshing.
- Nothing, really. I'll update this review if anything comes up. Not a huge fan of Windows or Cortana, but what are ya gonna do.
- I heard the internal fan pick up when using Premiere Pro, but it's pretty quiet and didn't bother me at all. Normally it's nearly silent.
- When running for 4-5 hours, it can get a little warm on the bottom. Normally it's perfectly cool.
For the price, easily the best laptop I've ever experienced. This is a MacBook Pro hiding underneath an Asus label and an $800 pricetag.
What I am taking a star off for is really two things: poor quality and volume of the audio system and the lackluster battery life. I've used the laptop for a couple hours this morning, mostly watching YT videos, and it's down to 44%, which is a far cry from the supposed "Full workday freedom" that is claimed right here on a sticker on the laptop. If you read the reviews though, you'll see this is a common thread and a noted weakness of the model, so it was fighting an uphill battle from the start.
The speakers are pretty terrible, both in terms of volume and quality - and I'm not expecting MacBook Pro type of sound either. But even with the machine volume at 100% AND YT volume at 100% I could not hear the laptop above my kids playing quietly with their toys. I know that sounds unrealistic but it's quite true. If you're going to hook these up to some external speakers then it's a non-issue.
I'll be returning mine, but if your needs are lighter than mine then you'll be fine. We use Dell machines with the same internals at work all day long and they are great for working spreadsheets, writing code and heavy office usage. Just keep it to those things and you'll be happy. As long as you use external speakers, or headphones and keep this plugged in or use it sparingly with the battery you'll probably be fine.
I think this is due to the cooling design that exchanges air from behind the keyboard (under the screen hinge) rather from the bottom. When used as a traditional laptop, the screen would be open, not closed, and not partially restricting the air flow. My heavy use is in the night when I run several cpu intensive jobs that heavily use the SSD.
Has anyone else had an overheating issue?
In any case, I would not recommend this as a portable desktop replacement. Get a model that is less thin and has more traditional cooling.