|Form Factor||2-in-1 Laptop/Tablet|
|Item Height||0.63 inches|
|Item Width||8.9 inches|
|Standing screen display size||13.3 Inches|
|Display||1920 x 1080 Pixels|
|Processor Type||Intel Core i7|
|Processor Speed||1.8 GHz|
|Computer Memory Type||Unknown|
|Maximum Memory Supported||8 GB|
|Hard Drive Size||256 GB|
|Hard Disk Description||Flash Memory Solid State|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel UHD Graphics 620|
|Graphics Card Description||Integrated|
|Graphics RAM Type||Unknown|
|Graphics Card Interface||Integrated|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of HDMI Ports||1|
|Optical Drive Type||No Optical Drive|
|OS||Windows 10 Home|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||13 Hours|
|Are Batteries Included||Yes|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||48 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Packaging||Batteries contained in equipment|
|Lithium battery Weight||0.85 Grams|
|Number of Lithium Ion Cells||3|
|Number of Lithium Metal Cells||3|
|Item model number||SP513-52N-85DC|
|Product Dimensions||32.44 x 22.61 x 1.6 cm|
Acer Spin 5 SP513-52N-85DC, 13.3" Full HD Touch, 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U, Amazon Alexa Enabled, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Convertible, Steel Gray
|Price:||& FREE Delivery|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U Processor (Up to 4.0GHz)
- 13.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS Multi-Touch Display
- 8GB DDR4 Memory & 256GB SSD.Battery 3-cell 4670 mAh Li-ion
- Up to 13-hours of battery life
- Download Amazon Alexa on this PC via Acer Care Center
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Acer Spin 5 SP513-52N-85DC comes with these high level specs: 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U Processor 1.8GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 4.0GHz, Windows 10 Home, 13.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display, Multi-touch screen, supporting 10 finger touch, Intel UHD Graphics 620, 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD, Secure Digital (SD) card reader, Acer True Harmony, Two Built-in Stereo Speakers, 802.11ac Wi-Fi featuring 2x2 MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, HD Webcam (1280 x 720) supporting High Dynamic Range (HDR), Acer Fingerprint Reader supporting Windows Hello, 1 - USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps), DisplayPort over USB-C, 2 - USB 3.0 ports ( one with power-off charging), 1 - USB 2.0 port, 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP support, 3-cell Li-Ion Battery (4810 mAh), Up to 13-hours Battery Life, 3.31 lbs. 1.5 kg (system unit only) (NX.GR7AA.001).
Talk about versatility! The ultra-slim and super light Spin 5 convertible laptop functions like a traditional laptop but with the hands-on, tactile user experience of a tablet. Just rotate the revolutionary 360° Dual-Torque Hinge and watch this handy machine convert right in front of your eyes into a laptop, display, tent or tablet—whatever mode you want.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U Processor (Up to 4.0GHz)
- 13.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Multi-Touch Display
- 8GB DDR4 Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD
- 1 - USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps), DisplayPort over USB-C, 2 - USB 3.0 Ports, 1 - USB 2.0 port & 1 - HDMI port
- Acer Fingerprint Reader supporting Windows Hello
- 802.11ac WiFi featuring MU-MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Back-lit Keyboard
- 3-cell Li-Ion (4810 mAh) Battery, Up to 13 Hours Battery Life
Download Amazon Alexa on this PC via Acer Care Center
Get more Done with Alexa on Your PC
With Alexa on your PC, your home and work life just got easier. Simply ask Alexa to answer questions, create lists, check your calendar, read the news, set timers and more, seamlessly. With four built-in microphones, you can easily interact with Alexa.
Be Entertained with Alexa
Listen to the music you love or catch up on your favorite podcast. Set the mood with your favorite playlist or listen to songs you love on Amazon music, iHeartRadio and SiriusXM. When you are ready to get lost in a story listen to audiobooks or Audible.
Voice Control your Smart Home
With Alexa on your Spin 5, you can control your smart home from anywhere just by using your voice. Dim the lights from your favorite chair, turn up the temperature from the office, or switch off the lamp without getting out of bed.
Four Modes—Notebook, Display, Tent or Tablet
Maximizes productivity with fully functional keyboard.
Brings the screen closer for enjoying any entertainment content.
Perfect in a narrow space like on an airplane or viewing a recipe in the kitchen.
The best way to browse the Internet, play games or share information.
A Unique Way to Fold
The durable design of the Spin 5 has an incredible 360° Dual-Torque Hinge that delivers the perfect combination of flexibility and strength so you can effortlessly open the lid while providing four different modes for you to enjoy.
Quick and Safe Login
Enjoy an extra level of biometric security, safeguarding unauthorized users from accessing your PC. It is a quick and secure way for Windows Hello to verify your identity without a password and automatically log you into your Windows account.
Crystal Clear Communications
Acer Purified Voice with four built-in microphones ensures all communications are clear and filters out typing noise. And with Cortana, you have a personal digital assistant who works across all your Windows 10 devices to help you get things done
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
15.6" MODEL REVIEW:
For the price, it's an excellent laptop. I don't think you're going to get a better model as far as convertible touchscreen laptops go for the price.
- Keyboard is one of the nicest on all comparable convertible laptops (I looked at Lenovo, LG, ASUS and HP). It's properly positioned unlike Lenovo's new convertible laptop, and the keys are backlit and feel really nice while typing.
- Screen brightness on this model is excellent. The 13.3" model has a darker screen, but this is very bright.
- Audio is pretty good. The speakers are a little tinny at high volumes but it gets very loud and is still clear.
- I had no issues with the convertible aspect of it or the touchscreen. Laptop quickly transitions into tablet mode after folding it.
- Huge downside that they did not include a SSD with this model. It has a 1 TB hard drive but that's quite slow compared to the 13.3" model which has a SSD.
- Size is also a downside. Most 15.6" laptops fit within a 17" bezel (diagonally). This one is 18". I returned it because it was simply too big to use as a convertible laptop. Bad design aspect of it as it's just unnecessary space around the screen, not really functional.
- This item is not sold by Amazon but rather DataVision. Be prepared to pay a steep shipping price to ship it back.
13.3" MODEL REVIEW:
This item is a lot more portable than the above model. It is also faster because of the SSD.
The screen however is a lot dimmer.
Also, I believe I got a faulty model. When I first purchased this one, the laptop frequently blue screened (every 30 minutes or so), and the screen would lightly flicker when charging on a not full battery.
The laptop was still usable but very upset at the quality assurance with this laptop to let such major issues slide. I did buy this when inventory stock was low, so perhaps I got an item that was previously returned.
I contacted Amazon who issued me a new version of it. I've been using the new laptop for 2 days, with no issues so far.
So I would recommend anyone buying one of the newer models to buy when inventory stock is high.
It's light weight and small size make it easy to slip into a back pack or book bag, it has fairly decent battery life, which switches to impressive if you keep it on power saver, giving you plenty of time to work or play as the mood strikes you.
The SSD combined with fingerprint scanner means very fast boot times, I'm normally able to power on the computer and get started on what I want within a minute.
For such a small screen it has surprising clarity and color, I never had any difficulty reading what was on the screen, even if I had it a few feet away.
The touchscreen is so much fun to use, switching between tabs or windows, reading pdf's or just messing around on art programs is super easy, all future laptops I buy will be touchscreen, just because of how simple and effortless it makes using it, normally I use a USB mouse instead of the track pad, but with the Spin I don't need to.
The only bad things are that when you switch to tablet mode the keyboard is facing out so when I carry it or use it as a tablet I feel like I'm going to break the keys or accidentally type something, windows does automatically turn off the keyboard but the feeling of pushing buttons is still there.
The other issue is that it has a tendency to get a little hot if you block the fan, almost enough to burn, so a cooling pad is a must if you actually plan on using your laptop in your lap.
Both complaints I have are relatively tiny compared to the sheer versatility and ease of use presented by the Spin's design, and I do look forward to seeing how future iterations stack up as SSD's get smaller and cheaper, maybe a 1tb model is in the future?
All in all a practical and fun little addition to my electronic arsenal.
PS: Amazon allowing me to make payments is super convenient and allowed me to get my hand on a wonderful machine on an honestly meagre budget, so thanks Amazon.
The laptop (I got the 13.3" version with I7 processor, 8 GB ram and SSD) is used as my main device for office apps, scheduling, internet browsing, photo development (see below) and so on. No gaming.
Good things: it's fast to start up, fast booting, and overall very responsive. It's light for a laptop - not Surface light, but still very useful, portable, and the tablet mode works pretty well.
Now, the negatives - even though there may seem like a lot of them, it's actually not that bad, I substract just 1 star.
1) The aluminum exterior looks sharp but will, inevitably, dent. Mine did when I dropped a phone from a nightstand onto the laptop laying on the floor. Plastic wouldn't dent, probably wouldn't even scratch.
2) It gets really hot. Doesn't seem to be negatively impacting battery life but hot enough to be uncomfortable to hold near ventilation slots.
3) The screen is very shiny and reflective, making it a bit of nuisance in bright light.
4) The battery life, while decent, is somewhere around 6 hours with real life use. I am sure you can squeeze the advertised number of hours out of it if you put it in low consumption power mode and only do very light load tasks.
5) In a tablet mode (keyboard flipped backwards) the keys are exposed on the back of the laptop, more of a weird feeling than any real problem.
6) The colors are decent but it's not really on par with my main calibrated monitor. I do use it for photo processing but I think the color fidelity on a larger, not as reflective monitor is better.
7) In tablet mode, typing on the virtual keyboard is somewhat slow and sometimes I get wrong keys. Definitely not as responsive and seamless as iPad virtual keyboard. However, this is likely W10 issue, not specific to this laptop.