AmazonBasics Double Braided Nylon USB Type-C to Type-A 3.1 Gen 1 Cable | 1 feet, Red
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ideal for charging and powering USB Type-C enabled devices, as well as syncing data, photos, and music; Type-C port is half the width and one-third the height of a standard USB-A connector
- Reversible design—easily insert the Type-C connector into any Type-C enabled device (does not matter which side is up); up to 5 Gbps data transfer speed; power output up to 5V, 3 Amp
- Nylon braided for added protection, strength, and flexibility and reduced fraying; cables have been tested to bend 95-degrees 2,000 times; stylish contemporary color options for a trendy appearance
- Certified by USB-IF to be compliant with USB 3.1 Gen 1; backwards compatible to USB 3.0 and 2.0;
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
An Amazon Brand. Connect USB Type-C enabled devices (MacBook, Chromebook Pixel, Galaxy Note 7, etc.) with standard USB Type-A enabled devices (car/wall charger, external battery power bank, etc.)
Frequently shopped for in related categories
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
As advertised, cable is very flexible and comes with Double Braided Nylon which makes this cable super durable (you can tell right out of the box, the cable has a nice thickness to it). I don't have to worry about kinking or damaging the cable from bends, twists, or coiling. It's also a bonus that it comes with Velcro wrap to assist with cable management.
The sleeves that cover the contact points between the cable and the USB heads are well protected with an extended (not sure if it's plastic or rubber) neck which is nice, that should ensure the longevity of the cable and it's also quite rigid so there is ample of support on the connection points.
I did not run any scientific testing for transfer speeds as I do not have any devices that read/write anywhere near 5gb/s, however I did test transferring 5gb of data from my PC to SG8+ which took about 3 minutes (smaller batch files transfers where anywhere from 180-250 mb/s) to me this is more than satisfactory as this is better than my older cables.
My primary use of this cable is for charging my SG8 + which it does a superb job of; charging times matches expectation as it's on par with fast charging out of the box from the manufacture, without a fast charging brick, it runs standard 2.1 amp which is exactly what I would expect with my SG8+.
Overall, an excellent USB Type-C to Type-A 3.1 cable by AmazonBasic, I would totally recommend picking up a few of these if you need more charging cables and/or want to replace cables you currently have as these are far more durable then what most manufactures provide. Also, these cables look great, I really like that AmazonBasic offers a few different color options! Awesome job by Amazon/AmazonBasic!