|Product Dimensions||53.34 x 0.64 x 0.64 cm; 159 Grams|
|Item model number||AMB-F30|
|Manufacturer Part Number||AMB-F30|
|Item Weight||159 g|
Ambient LED Light Strips Covers for BMW 3 Series F30 / F31 / F80 - Interior Upgrade for Sharpened Lines
|Price:||(S$24.27 / Item) + S$10.87 Delivery|
Enhance your purchase
- BMW Ambient Lighting Covers Upgrade.
- Gives the 5 series look in your 3 series F30 / F31 / F80, creates a line effect on your door panels.
- New—factory fabricated solid plastic lenses / led covers! Sturdy, unbreakable ABS plastic (not 3D printed).
- Fits BMW 3 Series F30 with ambient lighting package already present.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
This kit upgrades your existing lighting to give you the new 5 series look in your 3 series F30 / F31 / F80, creating a line effect on your door panels as shown in the photos.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I own a pre-LCI 335i. Truth be told, I didn’t even know that I had any ambient lights hidden within the cabin doors until I came upon various YouTube videos that talk about this product. The BMW lighting engineers must have completely underestimated (by a factor of 1000) the level of luminescence required to trigger the ambient “cool factor”. The pre-LCI’s ambient lights are just incredibly dim (which is why I had never even noticed that the car had them).
When I saw the YouTube video, I literally ran out to my car, turned on accessory mode and the parking lights, and then had to look (per the video) to verify that there was indeed lighting there. Whadyaknow? That was a complete surprise to me. I then knew immediately what I had to do. And, I am now excited to be a member of the Ambient Light Mod Club.
Some quick thoughts (beyond the opinions of that vlogger):
1. The lighting effect seems consistent from one end of the strip to the other (the various YouTube videos don’t really convey that). I was concerned that lighting along the plastic strip would be uneven, but the look is clean.
2. Because the ambient lights are dim to begin with, these strips can only amplify the light so much. You’ll probably say, “hey, that’s cool.” But, you won’t say, “WOW!”
3. Among the plethora of interior mods you can perform, this one (considering the low cost / easy 10-minute install / visual appeal) provides good value for the impact.
4. In the daytime, these aftermarket strips are pretty unnoticeable. I measured barely 2 millimeters of plastic that shows itself and I doubt that even the most discerning owner would even notice.
Hey, what a simple and elegant upgrade! This enhancement is not only inexpensive but universally lauded by those who have invested in it. And I too now am a fan. Mod On!
Also shipping took longer than originally claimed but it did come eventually, just as a heads up to anyone who might be freaking out.
The good: Installs in seconds (once you figure out that the narrow plastic bit goes between the door panel leather and the plastic trim of the existing light strips). Your existing BMW lighting is quite smooth and even, so these continue that trend.
The bad: $60 for what ostensibly is about tree fiddy in actual materials is a bit of a joke, these would be a better value at half the price. But hey, if you had sound financial abilities you wouldn't be driving a 7+ year old BMW anyway.
The ugly: Yo mama.
Personally, I'm a little disappointed. Just finished installing. it is a gloomy, cloudy day here so it is not very bright out, but the strips are carrying almost no light whatsoever. Really just looks like a cheap piece of clear plastic I jammed into the door. This is even with the ambient lighting hard-coded to be 100% (using bimmercode). If I block out some light with my arm you can tell that there is a very faint orange glow to it. Hopefully at night time it will look much better, but definitely not nearly as crispy as the pictures make it look.
For reference, I have a 2014 328xi with the comfort package. Its possible that my car's equipped LED's are just not bright enough for the effect advertised, but you definitely won't be getting the nice crispy ambient lighting you find in the brand new luxury vehicles.