SoftRescue Pro Edition
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Save time by transferring software, games, files, folders, e-mail, and personal settings from your old PC to your new PC, automatically.
- Transfer files the way that works best for you - thumb drive, CDs, DVDs, external hard drive, transfer cable or network.
- Split & Join functionality allows you to easily spread large application over multiple CDs, DVDs or other media.
- Eliminate the need to search for original CDs, DVDs, or serial numbers.
- The only utility that leaves your computer free of problems caused by viruses, worms, hijackers, malware or spyware.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language: : English
- Package Dimensions : 19.05 x 13.72 x 1.52 cm; 90.72 Grams
- Release date : 1 October 2008
- Manufacturer : AmeriChannels
- Item model number : SRPROP
- ASIN : B001P6Y27K
- Customer reviews:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Easily move software, games and files between computers.With SoftRescue™ Pro Edition you can easily and efficiently set up a new computer without original CDs, DVDs, or serial numbers! It's the perfect tool for anyone buying a new PC or who has to reinstall Windows® on their current computer. You can save days, even weeks, of time. With the Grab and Restore technology the entire reinstallation process is taken care of for you. Best of all, when you're done your computer will be completely free of viruses and spyware! Window 2000 SP4 or higher, XP and Vista.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Your first hint that this is poor software, is that the English is poor and that there are countless spelling errors. The error trapping is almost non-existent.
For myself, I wasn't able to get the program to work. I didn't realize that BOTH computers had to be connected to the web. All I knew was that when I entered the registration code, the program bounced out. I ended up entering the long and complex code about 15 times before I discovered that you had to be online to do it.
Then when the program was running, it bounced out with the message that the almost 2 gig file they made couldn't get bigger. Then the program shut down. Say what?
Here is what they do NOT tell you:
1) If you are NOT connected to the Internet, the software fails to work so you cannot use it without sending your information to the company EVEN AFTER you have licensed the product.
2) It DOES NOT WORK as advertised: (a) It freezes (I was using Windows XP Pro) and does not tell you why and nor does it provide progress on why it freezes.
(b) The system simply fails to perform its task completely if you have any sort of anti-virus. MCAFEE REPORTED THAT SOFTRESCUE IS BUNDLED WITH THE ARTEMIS TROJAN SPYWARE on my system --- still, desperately, I tried to use SoftRescue by turning off all the antivirus products and shutting them down. The system launched successfully at that point. (c) Once launched, whether you want to archive (i.e. "rescue") one application or ten applications, the software does exactly the same thing each time: it goes through your entire computer and then fails IF YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO ANOVASOFT website: I see this as a deliberate product sabotage --- they have no need to access my information or applications remotely. I will NOT connect my PC to their servers while I am attempting to archive my precious, personal and valuable information. DON'T DO IT.
3) CONCLUSION: If you buy this, you will regret it. I spoke to some friends and tried it on their machines. I suspect the successful reviews need to be investigated since the version comes with FOUR licenses (so you can infect, sorry, I mean "install" it on other PCs).
STAY AWAY FROM THIS RUBBISH. I wasted a few days of time, the same time I could have just re-installed my software myself. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS LIKE I FOOLISHLY DID.
***AFTERWORD: I finally got it to run on *one* application at a time, each time it took longer and longer to scan my same computer. It did not restore Microsoft Office properly to my Start/Programs Menu and I finally manually re-installed. It succeeded on a hit-and-miss basis (for example, it succeeded with Powerpoint and Adobe). That's all folks.
The response to my trouble ticket was unacceptably slow. My original report was filed December 25, 2009 and I finally got an acknowledgment on January 18, 2010. The response asked if I was still having trouble with the product.