Arc'teryx Gamma MX Jacket Men's | Breathable and Versatile Softshell Jacket for Mixed Weather Conditions
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- GAMMA MX JACKET - Ideal for dynamic backcountry activities in mixed weather conditions, this mobile, articulated soft shell jacket is engineered to provide elemental protection with high levels of breathability and mobility.
- GAMMA - Weather resistant mid or outer layers with stretch. Highly breathable and abrasion resistant.
- MIXED WEATHER - Highly durable, breathable and mobile. Best for mixed usage in changing weather conditions.
- ARC'ESSENTIALS - Versatile high performance designs for diverse activities and conditions.
- BREATHABLE MATERIAL - Allows moisture vapour to escape, helping regulate temperature and elevating comfort inside garment.
- Is discontinued by manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 38.1 x 38.1 x 10.16 cm; 538 Grams
- Date First Available : 27 June 2019
- Manufacturer : Arc'teryx
- ASIN : B07TPT2W2T
- Item model number : 19276
- Department : mens
- Customer reviews:
Moisture-resistant outer face fabric
Laminated high-strength hanger loop
Design & Fit
Regular fit provides freedom of movement with room for layers
Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
No-lift gusseted underarms
Stand up collar
Soft brushed-lined collar
Zippers & Fly Configuration
Full front zip with wind flap
Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
Cuff & Sleeves Configuration
Drop back hem
Adjustable hem drawcord
Laminated sleeve pocket with laminated zip
Two hand pockets with zippers
Two chest pockets with hidden zippers
DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish repels moisture
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Otherwise unbelievable comfortable soft shell.
Arcteryx never lets me down. Lightweight, durable, and warm.
I also purchased the version of this same jacket without the interior lining thinking that one would be better for warmer temperatures... I was wrong! This jacket does a beautiful job of equalizing my body temperature without causing me to ever get an uncomfortable sweat layer regardless of how hard I was sitting, walking, hiking, scrambling up inclines, and snowboarding in humid environments with wind, light-heavy rain, and sleet/snow from the high 20's to mid 80's, I haven't tried it yet in weather outside of that range.
I haven't found another jacket that kept me warm and dry, without causing an uncomfortable layer of sweat condensation when the activity or weather notched up. So the wicking features of this jacket are absolutely top notch.
I would say cost... But honestly if I consider this could be your only non-work plain clothes jacket, it's a bargain when you consider functionality versus total cost of ownership
Cons: For $300, the cuffs are a poor design: they're fixed size, and difficult for me to get my hands in, and even more so out of. Arteryx could take a lesson from their competition over at Columbia or North Face who employ velcro solutions to similar jackets, for far less money.
Verdict: I'd love to give this 5 stars, but the cuff design is a pretty serious flaw, so I've got to bump it down. It's a pity, because everything else about the jacket is so spectacular.
I have three other Arteryx jackets and I love them but I would NEVER buy (again) or recommend this one to someone