Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
About this item
- Airworld: yes, the team at Digital Eclipse created the fourth chapter of the never finished Swordquest series: Airworld.
- Haunted House: a modern 3D isometric adventure based on the classic original.
- Vctr Sctr: a celebration of the vector era of gaming which combines gameplay from a variety of vector arcade classics into a single challenge.
- Neo Breakout: an amazing and addictive two player competition that combines the best parts of Breakout and Pong. & Yars Revenge Reimagined: Modern graphics the best-selling first-party Atari 2600 game of all time.
- Quadratank: The first new entry in the classic Tank series since 1978 combines features from the original games with four-player fun in team or free-for-all modes.
- Language : English
- Package dimensions : 16.89 x 10.49 x 1.4 cm; 50 Grams
- Release date : 11 November 2022
- Manufacturer : Atari Interactive
- ASIN : B0BB7XTFS1
- Customer reviews:
Atari is celebrating its 50th anniversary, and with it the spark that launched the modern video game industry. It has been five decades since a small team in Silicon Valley combined their creativity, curiosity and passion into making video games and hardware. The result of their efforts was Atari, one of the most recognizable and enduring entertainment and pop culture brands in the world. Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration is an interactive journey through 50 years of video games through interviews with designers, developers and industry leaders, documentary footage, product design documents, and of course, more than 100 playable games. Atari 50: Steelbook Edition is a limited collector´s edition that includes the game housed in an exclusive golden and black steelbook, and includes an exclusive poster created just for the occasion. At the heart of the 50th Anniversary Collection is a curated list of over 100 games that span seven different hardware platforms – a true feat of emulation by the team at Digital Eclipse. Behind every game are the stories of Atari, what was happening at the company, what went into the creation of the games and the hardware they ran on … told by the people who were there. It is a rare opportunity to get a rich, behind the scenes look at the history of video games. The talented team at Digital Eclipse also created six new games that revisit, mash-up and re-envision Atari Classics.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
The only complaint I have is with the Switch version there seems too be some volume issues with the videos in a noisy environment. The video volume seems to be very low and with the Switch volume all the way up, I still had trouble hearing it. Might just be my Switch, but headphones are recommended.
A must buy for retro gaming fans.