|Mounting Hardware||French Press|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel, Glass, Plastic|
|Contains Liquid Contents||No|
|Item model number||10948-294BUS|
|Product Dimensions||11.43 x 7.62 x 13.97 cm; 181.44 Grams|
Bodum 10948-294BUS Brazil French Press Coffee Maker, 12 Ounce, .35 Liter, Red
|You Save:||S$3.83 (16%)|
Enhance your purchase
- NOTE:This item is 3 cup European size, which equals to 1 1/2 U.S. cups
- 3 cup French Press Coffeemaker allows you to brew flavorful coffee in 4 minutes
- 3-Part stainless steel mesh filter is included which allows for a premium extraction of your coffee aromatic oils and subtle flavors
- No paper filters required, means more flavor without any waste
- Patented safety lid prevents splashing of liquids while pressing
Buy it with
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The Brazil Coffee maker incorporates the Bodum motto beautifully. Good design doesn't have to be expensive. After all, we want to give everybody a chance to brew an excellent cup of Coffee in a Green way. Just hot water and ground Coffee is all that's needed.
Bodum: From the Soul of Slow Coffee.
Make taste, not waste
- Pure and simple
- No paper filter
- No capsules
- No waste
Bodum Brazil French Press Coffee Maker
Attractive and functional design. Made in Europe.
The French press coffee maker is the simplest of all brewing systems, where coarsely ground beans meet hot water right off the boil. The right temperature (92–96 °C, 195–205 °F) brings the optimal extraction power for the essential oils in the beans to develop their full flavor profile in just four minutes. An easy press on the plunger locks the grinds at the bottom of the glass carafe and stops the brewing process.
- Body, handle, & lid made of BPA free plastic
- Beaker is made of heat resistant borosilicate glass
- Filter & plunger is made of stainless steel
- Brews & makes delicious coffee
- Made in Europe
How to brew French press coffee:
For each 4-ounces of coffee, put 1 rounded tablespoon or 1 Bodum scoop of coarse-ground coffee into the pot.
Pour hot (not boiling) water into the pot. Leave a minimum of 1 inch of space at the top. Stir with a plastic spoon.
Place the plunger unit on top of the pot. Do not press down. Let the coffee brew for 4 minutes.
After 4 minutes press down the plunger and enjoy.
Bodum quality in every component.
Borosilicate Glass beaker
The beaker is made of High-Quality Borosilicate glass is ultra-light and strong, has great heat- resistant properties, and will not get cloudy in the dishwasher.
The Stainless Steel spiral plate keeps the filter mesh in place and makes sure that water goes through but no ground coffee. The flexible spiral provides a universal fit taking into account the manufacturing tolerances of glass jugs.
The Stainless Steel filter mesh is a key component to the Bodum coffee makers. It separates the ground coffee beans from the water after the brewing has stopped.
The Stainless Steel cross plate holds the mesh in place together with the spiral plate.
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Reviewed in the United States on 10 July 2018
You get this!! Nice work!!
Reviewed in the United States on 24 April 2018
You get this!! Nice work!!
Some complain that the screen/filter does not go all the way to the bottom, so that they can't froth milk in it. The only time that I have ever frothed mild was when I was a kid transferring the stuff from my grandparents' cows to a milk pail, so I can't say that I am bothered by this. The fact that it does not go all the way to the bottom means to me that I cannot press it hard against the coffee grounds, forcing grounds and sediment into the screen and clogging it up or making it harder to clean.
1. The thin flat hard plastic handle is not ergonomic and makes the press difficult to control. The old one has a wide curved rubberized handle that is perfectly shaped, fits the hand beautifully, and makes it easy to control a press full of coffee.
2. The top of the new plastic handle 'clips' over the top edge of the glass, and that protrusion makes it difficult to insert the plunger disc after filling with coffee water. You can't place it straight down, having to angle it under the protrusion. This ends up a mess because some of the coffee 'cap' ends up on the top side of the plunger, which will leave large grounds in the coffee.
3. The plastic protrusion also make cleaning the beaker more difficult, since it is right in the way of your hand and/or washcloth.
4. The high black base makes it difficult to see if you've scooped all the remaining grounds from the beaker before washing.
5. The all-plastic lid doesn't fit as snug as the lid on my older Bodum, which has a stainless top layer and fits the beaker diameter better. When I set the press upside down in my sink to drain out the grounds, the lid falls out and grounds go all over the place.
6. The ball-shaped hard plastic plunger end is not very ergonomic, compared to my older Bodum which has an elliptical shaped rubberized end (again, perfectly shaped). It is difficult to press the plunger straight down with the new shape, so I switched this component out for the old one.
I'll likely end up removing the beaker from the new press and reassembling using my old components, and will probably cut the handle off the new one and use the base to help protect & stabilized the beaker.
Overall, a waste of money. I would NOT recommend this design!