|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||BORA NGX Saw Plate and 55" Non-Chip Strip|
|Item model number||544001|
|Product Dimensions||27.94 x 6.35 x 49.53 cm; 930 Grams|
Bora NGX Saw Plate Includes 55" Non-Chip Strip That Elimates Tear Out, Designed for Straight Cuts While Using The NGX Clamp Edge System, 544001
|Price:||+ S$18.96 Delivery|
Enhance your purchase
- Fixed center molded channel reduces blade offset and guesswork
- Self-adhesive non-chip strip attaches to the bottom of your NGX Clamp edge and reduces top edge tear-out for a smooth finish
- Quick-release Clamps are adjustable so your saw goes on AND off the plate effortlessly
- Aluminum guide rails position your saw accurately every time
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
No matter how accurate your cuts are, ugly tear-out can still happen. End tear-out for good with the ngx saw plate™ and non-chip strip, specifically designed as part of the Bora® ngx clamp edge™ system. With its easy-to-use, intuitive design, you can apply the strip and mount your saw to rip or crosscut a board in no time.
- Fits right or left-handed saws
- Works with the Bora NGX Clamp Edge System
- Saw plate fits most circular saw brands
Bora NGX Pro Saw Plate and Non-Chip Strip
Make sure every cut is clean and smooth with the BORA NGX Saw Plate, including a 55-inch roll of Non-Chip Strip to stop tear-out.
- Fixed center molded channel helps reduce blade offset and guesswork
- Self-adhesive Non-Chip Strip is included that reduces top edge tear-out for a smooth finish
- 3 points of contact holds the saw securely while cutting
- Adjustable quick-release clamps
- See below graphic to check if your saw will fit the NGX saw plate
Make Straight Cuts a Breeze
It’s never been easier to rip, cut, and break down material than with the all-new NGX Clamp Edge System. Easily attach the saw plate to your circular saw with the convenient quick release clamps. The aluminum guide rails position your saw accurately so material is never wasted.
55-inch Roll of Non-Chip Strip
An especially helpful feature of the Saw Plate is the all-new Non-Chip Strip, which saves your boards from tear-out. Simply press this self-adhesive strip onto the Clamp Edge and cut—this trims down the excess width of the strip so the edge of the Non-Chip Strip sits flat against your blade. For every future use, just line up the strip to your measuring mark for accurate, clean results.
Optional NGX Accessories
The Bora NGX Clamp Edge system has a variety of accessories to add so you are able to make any type of cut that you need. We have track clamps for angled cuts, a router plate, jigsaw guide and clamp edges ranging in size up to 100 inches when adding the 50-inch extension.
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Yesterday I cut a stack of 6 shelves outside in the sun, and discovered that they were way off and crooked. It turns out that the rubber tips on the clamps and the traction strips on the plate do not work well when they get warm.
I verified that all three clamps were nice and tight, and tried again -- the saw still wanders around. I have removed all 3 of those clamps, and have instead modified the base plate of my saw to have four 10-32 machine screw holes that align with holes that I've drilled through the Bora plate.
So folks, mixed review on this one. The way this plate keeps the saw secure on NGX track is GREAT, but those clamps and traction strips really don't work when they get warm (hot sunny day). I've wasted a lot of time modifying my saw and this Bora plate to get a reliable saw position, and now I have to rework a stack of shelves that don't fit in our Pantry alcove.
+ Solid build
+ Sturdy, satisfyingly secure clamps
+ Reverseable for south paw saws
The Not So Good
- Fits only a small subset of saws
- Clamps are too bulky to fit
- Older design (544006) with 2 front and 1 side clamps is more universally compatible
Tested on: Makita 5007MGA, a much older Skilsaw
- The clamps interfere with the depth/miter locking levers on the Makita, only the front and side-front ones can find purchase a all, and with the limited space available and the "waffle" design of the base makes it nye-on impossible. The Makita 5007FA with its flat steel base and smaller levers likely fits better.
- The Skilsaw just flat out does not have anywhere the side clamps can reach.
This version needs a saw base that is a) completely flat, rectangular steel and b) at least an inch of clearance between the base and motor housing.
I returned this for exchange with the older, less expensive by half, Bora 544006 in hopes it will fit my Makita 2007MGA (a.k.a. The Precious)