Dog Man 2- Unleashed Hardcover – Illustrated, 5 January 2017
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
Everyone Digs Dog Man!
* High-intensity, heartwarming, and, above all, hysterically funny. -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* Riotously funny and original. -- School Library Journal, starred review
* An utter, unfettered delight. -- Booklist, starred review
* Readers (of any age) will be giggling from start to finish. -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
* Action-oriented cartoons... Laffs aplenty. -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
About the Author
When Dav Pilkey was a kid, he was diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia. Dav was so disruptive in class that his teachers made him sit out in the hallway every day. Luckily, Dav loved to draw and make up stories. He spent his time in the hallway creating his own original comic books -- the very first adventures of Dog Man and Captain Underpants.
In college, Dav met a teacher who encouraged him to illustrate and write. He won a national competition in 1986 and the prize was the publication of his first book, World War Won. He made many other books before being awarded the 1998 California Young Reader Medal for Dog Breath, which was published in 1994, and in 1997 he won the Caldecott Honor for The Paperboy.
The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby, published in 2002, was the first complete graphic novel spin-off from the Captain Underpants series and appeared at #6 on the USA Today bestseller list for all books, both adult and children's, and was also a New York Times bestseller. It was followed by Super Diaper Baby 2: The Invasion of the Potty Snatchers, also a USA Today bestseller. The unconventional style of these graphic novels is intended to encourage uninhibited creativity in kids.
His stories are semi-autobiographical and explore universal themes that celebrate friendship, tolerance, and the triumph of the good-hearted.
Dav loves to kayak in the Pacific Northwest with his wife.
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 240 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0545935202
- ISBN-13 : 978-0545935203
- Reading age : 7 - 9 years
- Best Sellers Rank: 671 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
No customer reviews
|5 star 100% (100%)||100%|
|4 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|3 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|2 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|1 star 0% (0%)||0%|