|Model Name||Precision Elite Digital Kitchen Scale - 15 lb. Capacity, UltraBright Display and Stai|
|Mounting Hardware||1 Scale|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel|
|Contains Liquid Contents||No|
|Item model number||ESKS-10|
|Product Dimensions||25.4 x 19.05 x 2.54 cm; 816.47 Grams|
EatSmart EES1011 Precision Elite Digital Kitchen Scale - 15 lb. Capacity, UltraBright Display and Stainless Steel Platform
Enhance your purchase
- This professional food scale features an extra-large lighted display and stainless steel platform
- Weighs up to 15 pounds in .05 oz/1 gram increments
- The Tare feature zeroes out the weight of a plate or container, while the 3 minute Auto Shut-off feature extends battery life
- A bonus EatSmart Calorie Factors guide provides calorie counting and portion control tips to use with your scale
- Includes 4 AAA batteries and our 100% EatSmart Satisfaction Guarantee
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The EatSmart Precision Elite Digital Kitchen Scale is the chef-preferred food scale for everyday use. From weighing food to monitoring caloric intake, the Precision Elite provides exactly what its name states - reliably precise measurements every time. In fact, this cooking scale was designed in conjunction with professional chefs and bakers to represent the elite in kitchen scales on the market today. EatSmart precision sensors are accurate to the nearest 0.5 oz/1 gram, which is ideal for baking. The TARE feature subtracts the weight of a container and allows chefs to weigh multiple items in a row with ease, while the oversized, durable stainless steel platform is ample enough to accommodate large mixing bowls and plates. The Precision Elite provides accurate food weight readings up to 15 lbs./7 kg. in four measurement units - ounces, pounds, grams, and kilograms. The display also features a crystal-white backlight for easy reading in any lighting condition. Manufactured to the highest quality specifications, the Precision Elite provides chefs with the information they need to create consistent, delicious recipes and keep track of their health. In addition to 4 AAA batteries, a free Calorie Factors Booklet is also included to help you master calorie counting and portion control with your scale.
EatSmart Precision Elite Scale-15 lb. Capacity, UltraBright Display and Stai Digital Kitchen Scale, One Size, Silver
Designed in conjunction with professional chefs and bakers, this high capacity stainless steel kitchen scale provides exactly what its name states – reliably precise measurements every time.
- Weighs up to 15 lbs / 7 kgs in 4 measurement modes: ounces, pounds, grams and kilograms in graduation increments of 0.05 ounce / 1 gram
- Subtract weight of any bowl, container or subsequent ingredient with the Tare feature
- Oversized stainless-steel platform with extra large crystal white backlight backlit LCD Display with auto shut-off after 3-minutes
- Runs on 4 X AAA Batteries (included)
The EatSmart Precision Elite Digital Kitchen Scale was designed in conjunction with professional chefs and bakers to represent the elite in kitchen scales. From weighing ingredients to monitoring caloric intake, this digital food scale is anchored by four high precision sensors that provide accurate readings up to 15 lbs. to the nearest 0.05 oz./1 g. The scale offers four measurement units – ounces, pounds, grams, and kilograms – for easy utilization of both metric and imperial systems while cooking or baking.
Durable and easy-to-clean, this food scale’s oversized stainless steel platform accommodates both small and large sizes of mixing bowls and plates. The scale’s extra-large LCD display features a crystal white backlight for strain-free reading in any lighting condition. While the integrated TARE function subtracts the weight of a container or ingredient with ease, the 3-minute Auto Off feature ensures you’ll never lose your measurement in the middle of recipe prep again. A free Calorie Factors booklet, which provides education on calorie counting and portion control with your scale, and 4 AAA batteries are included.
Review this product
Reviews with images
1 customer review
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
What I like:
• Option to measure in grams (why I replaced the scale I already had)
• Large capacity
• If turned off while set to grams/ounces, etc., it will turn on with the same grams/ounces selection
• Times out after 3 minutes, but the timeout resets back to 3 minutes every time the weight changes
• Large, easy to read display
• Standard, AAA batteries
• Nice size, easy to wipe clean
• Though accurate, it only measures in full grams, so it's very easy to overshoot. If I get to 5 grams (on my way to 6) and then add a pinch at a time, the scale will sometimes sit at 5 and then jump to 7. Sometimes I can take some that ingredient out and hit my desired weight, but if I'm taring weights into a single bowl and I'm on the 4th ingredient, and it's a small amount or I'm adding something like honey to other liquids, that's not always possible.
I put fresh batteries (4 AAA) but they drained within a day. After several sets of wasted batteries, I contacted the company by email.
They replied right away with an apology and instructions to reset the scale. It worked! It's only been five days, so I will update if I have problems again. But I've been checking each day to see if the batteries are okay. (Update: June 5, 2019-still working.) So if you are having this problem, try resetting it before giving up. I'll copy and paste their instructions:
Please follow the reset procedure below which normally alleviates any error or issues associated with our scales.
Remove the battery from the scale.
Set the scale on a hard, flat surface without the battery in place.
Apply a small amount of pressure on the scale surface for approximately 10- 15 seconds (still without the battery or power source)
Carefully replace the battery without pressing any buttons or activating the scale.
Set the scale back on the hard, flat surface with the battery in place.
Use the scale to weigh an item
Update: July 15, 2019 - The scale wouldn't go on and had to be reset, then batteries were replaced with new ones. It's working, but I'm removing a star and not recommending this scale any more.
The scale is on the large side with huge digits. The back light is very effective the scale easy to read. I regularly use large plates on it when prepping food and can easily read the display. It's easy to re-zero after adding ingredients. The units are easily changed with the left button. The scale also remembers your preference and will turn on with your last setting. The scale can read in grams, decimal pounds, and pounds/ounces.
I checked it with my calibration weights. Using 500g, the readout was within 1g across the center and four corners. This means that even if you put what you're weighing a bit off-center, you'll still get an accurate reading.
Other than being possibly too big for some people's liking, I'm quite happy with it. It's well-built and the price is great. The metal weighing surface is a nice touch, although it's not removable for cleaning. If you tend to make large messes during use of your scale, it may be better to purchase one with a removable top.
At the $35 I paid, I consider it a five-star product. The only thing I'd change is to have the top be removable for cleaning.