|Item model number||SG_B07J2SH5BN_US|
|Package Dimensions||8.38 x 5.84 x 3.05 cm; 91 Grams|
Ethique Eco-Friendly Bodywash Bar, Charcoal, Kaolin & Oatmeal - Sustainable Natural Bodywash Bar for Sensitive Skin, Plastic Free, Vegan, Plant Based, 100% Compostable and Zero Waste, 4.23oz
|Price:||(S$2.84 / Ounce) + S$7.61 Delivery|
- MISSION: We're on a mission to rid the world of plastic waste while offering our customers 100% sustainable, ethically sourced products, made from natural and effective ingredients. Better for you. Better for the planet.
- PROBLEM: Plastic. Over 40% of plastic comes from product packaging (We're changing that!) 80 Billion plastic bottles disposed of around the world each year are from shampoo & conditioner alone. 8 Million tonnes of plastic end up in the ocean every year. 9/10 fish have ingested microplastics according to studies. By 2050 there will be more plastic in the sea than fish. Only 9% of ALL plastic ever made has been recycled. Every person on earth consumes 40,000 microplastics each year.
- SOLUTION: Ethique is the world's first zero waste and most sustainable lifestyle beauty brand. We use biodegradable ingredients and compostable packaging so all our solid bars leave no trace (except the luscious skin and hair it leaves behind, of course!). Our products are super concentrated so by switching to beauty bars, you're saving plastic bottles going to landfill. Ethique is New Zealand's highest scoring BCorp as well as carbon fiber neutral and living ware employer.
- JOURNEY: To date we saved our planet from over 5 million plastic bottles! We’ve converted thousands of fans to plastic free beauty and are genuinely making a difference to the amount of plastic waste made and disposed of every year. Our new goal is to save 50 million by 2025 (and we're on track already!). To put our money where our mouth is, each year 20% of our profit goes to charities fighting alongside us to protect the planet. Join the revolution and #giveupthebottle
- CHARCOAL, KAOLIN & OATMEAL BODYWASH BAR: 1 Plastic Bottle Prevented - .3 Liters of water saved. They're brand new with new ingredients & new scents. They are a better shape to fit in your hand, they last longer as they are now milled for a denser, harder bar, yet still the bubbly, non-drying bars you know & love. This one is for the sensitive skinned, unscented though you do catch just a hint of coconut from the coconut oil in the bar. Made with oatmeal to soothe & kaolin & charcoal to cleanse.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Sodium olivate, sodium cocoate, sodium stearate, aqua (water), vegetable glycerine, sodium chloride, kaolin clay, ground oatmeal, activated charcoal, Tetrasodium glutamate diacetate
Get yourself wet in the shower, lather up with the bar straight on your skin or onto a shower pouf, then rinse.
Not only does solid bodywash use less packaging and require less water to produce, they are also one of the easiest eco swaps to make. Like all Ethique products, our bodywashes are made of biodegradable, sustainably sourced, naturally-derived and palm oil free ingredients. Does this impact the effectiveness of the wash? No way! Our bars are still deliciously bubbly and non-drying and we just know you’ll love them. This one is for the sensitive-skinned, unscented though you do catch just a hint of coconut from the coconut oil in the bar. Made with oatmeal to soothe and kaolin and charcoal to cleanse. Pro tip: to keep them in tip-top shape, our hardy bodywash bars need to be kept out of pooling water, somewhere dry.
Review this product
1 customer review
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I could very well look for any other vegan body wash that comes in a plastic tube but I buy from Ethique so I don't have to deal with that. Ideally, there would be Ethique products that were locally sold in US markets (maybe even produced here) so I do understand that it's not going to be perfectly sustainable but at the very least I could compromise with the recyclable packaging that I had received in my prior purchases and without the stickers on the bars.
I would give this a lower rating if it weren't for the fact that the product really is just that good for me and I do ultimately really like Ethique but I hope that they manage to return to making the packaging fit the values of the product their selling or even make it more sustainable than before if possible. I should note that this is likely more of an issue with Pharmapacks than it is with Ethique, however.
I got the lavender and mint soap bar. It had a nice lather, without being too bubbly, and was scented but not overly fragranced. It was very gentle on my skin and I had no sensitivities to it. I think this is a great product so far and would like to try their other body care items.
Note, it came in a bubble mailer and like another reviewer said, there were stickers on the packaging. I would like to see Amazon use better packaging for their items that are more eco friendly otherwise this defeats the purpose of buying from a 'waste free' company like Ethique. However, if you buy multiple items or stock up in one go, you might be able to offset the amount of plastic in shipping. Not totally sure of this but I'm interested to see how others' experience turns out.
Will purchase again. I hope to see them in US stores soon.