|Manufacturer||Jarden Consumer Solutions|
|Mounting Hardware||Vacuum Sealing System|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel|
|Contains Liquid Contents||No|
|Manufacturer||Jarden Consumer Solutions|
|Item model number||FM5200015|
|Product Dimensions||44.7 x 23.62 x 24.38 cm; 3.98 Kilograms|
FoodSaver FM5200 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealer Machine with Express Bag Maker | Safety Certified | Silver
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Save more, waste less: Meat preserved with the foodsaver system in the freezer can last up to 3 years and still taste fresh, flavorful, and freezer-burn free. Prep-ahead meals, leftovers, and produce stored in the fridge will stay fresh up to weeks later instead of spoiling in days
- Express bag maker: The express bag maker reduces bag making steps by 50% compared to foodsaver V4000 models, thanks to a unique second heat-sealing bar to automatically prep the next bag
- More convenient to use: Easy view vacuum window lets you easily control where you seal while the open roll storage design lets you see when you need to replace the roll. Plus, led light indicators easily guide you through the vacuum sealing process. Just press the vacuum and seal bar to remove the air that causes freezer burn and spoilage
- Very consistent sealing: Equipped with dual heat sealing strips, it's to reach an optimal vacuum level and airtight seal. The fm5200 is durable, high quality, and backed by a 5-year limited
- Automatic moisture detection: Smart technology automatically detects moisture and switches to the correct mode to ensure an airtight seal is achieved. The patented removable drip tray will catch any overflow liquid and is dishwasher safe, making this kitchen appliance easy to clean and maintain 8 x 20 inches heat seal rolls and (3) 11 x 16 inches heat seal rolls
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The FoodSaver FM5200 automatic vacuum sealer system makes it easier than ever to keep food fresh up to 5x longer compared to ordinary storage methods. It reduces bag-making steps by 50%, taking the time and guesswork out of bag making and sealing, along With reducing over 30% of roll waste when compared to previous FoodSaver food preservation systems. Plus, the system provides 2-in-1 versatility for freezer, fridge, and pantry storage. Handheld sealer seals FoodSaver zipper bags, canisters, and containers, and marinates food in minutes.
FoodSaver FM5200 Series 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System
Lock In Freshness
The FoodSaver FM5200 Series 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System helps keep food fresh longer. The system removes air, one of the main causes of mold and food spoilage, from bags and creates an airtight seal to lock in freshness.
Additional features include an Express Bag Maker that makes it easier to measure and seal rolls, Vacuum View Window that lets you see where you seal, and a built-in handheld sealer that eliminates the need for additional attachments when sealing zipper bags and containers.
- Vacuum sealing removes air, one of the main causes of freezer burn, mold, and spoilage
- Express Bag Maker reduces bag making steps by 50%, compared to previous models
- Unique second heat-sealing bar automatically preps the next bag
- Easy View Vacuum Window lets you easily control where you seal
- Open Roll Storage design lets you see when you need to replace the roll
Features & Benefits
Express Bag Maker
Reduce bag making steps by 50%* with an easier way to measure and automatically seal.
*When compared to previous FoodSaver vacuum sealing systems.
Lower Seal & Cut Bar
Automatically seals one end of the bag so you can have a pre-sealed bag handy, making batch sealing and bulk storage easier than ever.
Vacuum View Window
Lets you see where you seal for optimal control and reduces over 30% of roll waste compared to previous FoodSaver Food Preservation Systems.
Top 3 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer
Preserving Bulk Foods
Take the guesswork out of smart shopping-buy in bulk and see all the savings by safely sealing and freezing meats, cheeses, vegetables, and even soups and sauces. Did we mention all FoodSaver bags/rolls are sous vide safe? Simmer away.
Don’t let your garden's harvest go to waste-preserve fruit and veggies for salads, soups, apple sauces, and more. The FoodSaver Jar Sealers (sold separately) give you an easy way to enjoy or gift.
Use your FoodSaver system to prep meals for the week for yourself or your whole family. It’s also great for sealing up the ingredients you need to blend ultra-fresh smoothies, like bananas, mangos, or blueberries.
|Meets UL or ETL Safety Standards||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Designed to Prevent Burns||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Patented Removable Drip Tray||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Cool Down Required Between Seals||20 seconds||20 seconds||20 seconds||20 seconds|
|Mode||Dry/Moist & Quick Marinate||Dry/Moist & Quick Marinate||Dry/Moist & Quick Marinate||Dry/Moist & Quick Marinate|
|Built-in Roll Storage and Cutter Bar||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Built-in Handheld Sealer||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Easy Bag Making Features||-||Automatic Bag Detection||Automatic Bag Detection||Automatic Bag Detection Automatic Dispense and Cut|
|Countertop Footprint||9.3 x 17.6 x 9.6 in||11 x 20 x 12 in||11 x 20 x 12 in||19 x 6.25 x 8 in|
|Pack Ins||(1) 11" X 10' vacuum seal roll (3) 1-quart precut vacuum seal bags (2) 1-gallon precut vacuum seal bags (3) 1-quart vacuum zipper bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum zipper bags||(1) 11" X 10' vacuum seal roll (3) 1-quart vacuum seal bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum seal bags (3) 1-quart vacuum zipper bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum zipper bags||(1) 11" X 10' vacuum seal roll (3) 1-quart vacuum seal bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum seal bags (3) 1-quart vacuum zipper bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum zipper bags||(1) 11" X 10' vacuum seal roll (1) 8" X 10' vacuum seal roll (3) 1-quart vacuum seal bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum seal bags (3) 1-quart vacuum zipper bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum zipper bags (1) marinator|
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
When installing a new bag which is very easy because the whole belly of the machine is open on both sides, all you do is slide a new roll in from the left or right and then you feed it out through the front. Fortunately you only have to do this when installing a new, or different bag. Then you feed it through the front bringing it up to the white line. That takes a little gerrymandering. It is hard to get it to stay on the white line while you close the cut off bar onto it. So what it takes, and this is really easy is you overextend it a little bit so it protrudes out the front a little, and yes beyond the white line, and then when you close the bar on it, it is exactly on the white line. It doesn't matter really whether it is on the white line or not but you want it far enough out the front of the machine so when you reach down to pull it out you have the center lip to pull on. So don't worry about getting it perfect. Once you realize with a fresh roll all you do is overextend it the first time and you will be fine. That's the quirky.
Everything else about the machine is great.
1) With the upright vertical design you are taking up a lot less counter space.
2) With the bag roll exiting area on the bottom handling all of the initial seal and cutting chores you are not doing double duty like on the single cutter and seal machines.
3) Lifting the bag that already has the seal on one end up to the vacuum and upper seal area (yes it has a second and separate sealer) you can easily look through the transparent door way to know you have it inserted properly with the leading edge into the drip tray.
4) The huge advantage is because you are lifting the bag up with both hands, one on each side, you are causing the juices to settle to the bottom, and the air to move toward the top. Holding that in place you press on both sides of the vacuum bar with your knuckles, the ones that are already resting on the bar because you are holding the bag up to it. It instantly starts to grasp, vacuum, and seal that bag. So it is very intuitive and easy to use.
5) So you get way less juice in the juice tray which means way less emptying out of juices.
6) You use less bag material because you can more easily see how much bag is spread out when you pull it out, and you can more easily judge the minimal you need when sealing the top since there is no drop down door to deal with. (It's clear plastic so you can see right in.)
There is another improvement in that there are two setting depending on whether you are sealing a bag with dry contents or liquid.
I purchased the FoodSaver Premium 2-In-1 Automatic Bag-Making Vacuum Sealing System, Silver FSFSSL5860-DTC which really automates everything, even the button to feed out the bag. I am accustomed to that and really love it.
This 5000 series does not automatically feed out the bag with the touch of a button, but since it is permanently in place once you install a new roll, all you do is reach down and pull on the exposed tab in the middle and draw out the perfect sized bag; that is every bit as easy as automatic. And since there is no door to open in order to see how far to insert the bag for the final vac and seal, that is one less step on this new 5000 series. I think once I get accustomed to the changes it may become every bit as fast as the automatic one, and maybe even faster.
The HUGE advantage the 5000 series has is that I have multiple people living in the house so you want to share the use of the Food Saver, yet you want everyone to purchase and use their own bags. The 5000 series makes that a dream. The roll of bags slide in and out on either side.
Let me address the one big complaint that appears when people use this machine. Some people want to be able to lay the bag with the food in it flat on the counter while they operate the machine. So they complain about having to stack books up in order to get it 3 or 4 inches above the counter surface, when in reality they are defeating the advanced and improved design of this unit.
You DO NOT want you bag and food lying flat on the counter because with juicy products it sucks too much juice out filling up the juice bin. By lifting the bag and food while allowing the bottom end to touch the counter, you are allowing nature to help in the sealing process. The air rises to the top, and that is sucked out first. If any juices come along toward the end of the cycle, it generally keeps them down to a minimum. I could see if you had to stand there and hold the bag during the entire cycle that being a concern, but in reality the 5000 instantly clamps down the access door thereby holding the bag for you while it goes through the vacuum and sealing process. Once it is done it releases the clamp and door for you. It's automatic.
Okay so the 5000 doesn't provide automatic bag feed but gives you a quick manual method that is just as effective, but the price point is better too. Between that and the minimal counter space usage, this is definitely a winner.
What I didn't like was 2 months in and the pump started to go haywire. All of a sudden the vacuum pump was twice as loud and barely removed air. i.e. stopped working. I DID buy the extended warranty on it through Asurion but am having some difficulty getting that fixed. If it's within the manufacturers warranty you're supposed to go through Foodsaver. So I'm trying to get that resolved.
We buy dry ingredients from nuts to powder spices in bulk, and this allows us to keep a small container on hand and seal the rest up for later use.
Old documents and photos you want to save...seal them. Collector items....seal em up. There are so many pluses to this unit I could go on all day.
The bags are strong and anyone who cooks sous vide, the tolerance of the bags is 185 degrees Fahrenheit and that is straight from FoodSaver techs, as I asked. If you are going to pull the trigger on a vac/seal purchase, this is the one.