Forza Horizon 2 for Xbox One
Enhance your purchase
- Explore a Massive, Living Open World
- Action-Packed Driving
- Instantly Connect with Friends
- Your Ultimate Car Fantasy
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Race through a massive wide-open world featuring dramatic weather and day-tonight cycles. Instantly connect with friends in the ultimate celebration of speed, style, and action-packed driving. Explore beautiful and exotic locations in more than 200 of the world's greatest cars, all created with precise detail in stunning 1080p.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
You can buy and upgrade cars which in itself is satisfying. There are many other challenges such as bucket lists, hidden cars, etc. MOREOVER you can just drive around, pull up to another race and just race someone you ran in to.... damn game never gets old.
I love the physics of the game, it is a compelling simulation but not too hard or frustrating like previous Forza games. There is a rewind button if you make a mistake. Going off road or cutting corners is not heavily penalized like some other games! (In DIRT there were always some rocks put at every turn so if you try to cut the corner, you car would get stuck)
The upgrades and different car handling/power are well represented. So if you go crazy on engine upgrades for power and don't address the handling - the car becomes very unstable and you better go easy on the the throttle. This is not one of the game where you just max the gas pedal and scream thru every turn. You have to use your brake, hand brake and throttle judiciously depending on the car and surface you are driving on.
Some missions are actually very hard but there are so fan to do I don't mind replying them until I get it right. I rarely do in other games where things become mundane and frustrating. Also everyvery time you switch or upgrade a car you have adjust your driving skill- which makes more realistic.
The soundtrack on this game is also amazing. Chromeo, Royal Blood, etc - all the hottest and underground music is on there!
If you have any interest in racing - YOU GOT TO GET THIS GAME ! You won't regret it.
- Large selection of cars (especially with the add-on content)
- Ability to customize the cars look and performance characteristics
- Open Game World -- if you don't feel like racing, there is still plenty to do
- Multiple Race Events and Types
- Seamless transition between offline/online play
- Assists and difficulty settings allow my 11 and 9 year olds to play successfully while still providing a challenge for me
- The ability to "pose" your car and take photos that are uploaded to forza's servers
- Free spins unlocking either in-game credits or free cars
The Not So Good:
- Drivatars have no concern for damage and will ram your car, breaking up a good line or causing you to spin out
- Drivatars in offline mode have an unusual ability to take turns at speeds that cause your car to spin out or lose the line
- Drivatars can totally miss checkpoints and continue racing without penalty
- No matter how well you are doing in an offline road trip, you always start in position 8
- Cross country events are next to impossible to win in some events, often because of the above mentioned items
- Online races tend to lack any punishment for intentional griefers, so you will often get rammed as you slow to take a corner
- Infected and King events only further encourage ramming and hitting an opponent
- Online road trips tend to be focused on A, S1 and S2 classes with any other class being very rare
- Graphics are grainy in some cases, causing pixelation on what should be sharp lines in the liveries.
- Random crashes or lock ups
- The occasional stutter or lag while in the middle of an event
Let me explain a few of the cons a little more in detail.
Online griefing is a real problem in this game. Forget the idea of "clean" racing as it simply isn't rewarded enough. Yes, there are penalties but the penalties for ramming another player are simply losing skill points. Both players involved in the accident are penalized -- so if you are running a clean line, slowing to take a corner and get rammed, you lose out on those 8,000 skill points with a 4x multiplier. Not only are you now challenged to reclaim any lost positions -- you were penalized simply because you were in front of the person who decided ramming you was a better option than trying to take the corner.
Drivatars are an interesting idea and they seem to be better implemented in Forza 5. It is great to see people from your friends list in your races, and getting rewards for your drivatar's participation in others events is nice. However, in this game the drivatar is worse than a bull in a china shop. They have no regard for damaging others, have an uncanny ability to take corners while not suffering from the same physics your car suffers from and can totally miss checkpoints without any penalties. Added to this problem is the fact you always start well in the middle of the pack -- so you are forced to battle through the worst of these drivatars in order to have a decent race.
Online road trips allow voting for the next location. There are three locations displayed and everyone gets to vote. However, most of the choices are between A, S1 and S2 classes. On the rare occasion, you might see a B or a C event -- but now you are at the mercy of those voting which often tends to go to the highest class presented. It would be nice if the system presented a single class, just different locations from time to time forcing players to bring out their D, C and B class cars more often.
The DLC is done a little better now because at least when you spend real money to add new cars to the game, you don't have to spend in-game money to get them (although, my friend couldn't do this on my same console under his profile so it may be an effect of the VIP Pass and not just an automatic perk of the game.)
The controls are great, the graphics and sound are too, the gameplay is fun. The various different car classes all handle differently so it is very varied and will keep you entertained for quite a while.
If you are a fan of racing games at all, I highly recommend this one!