Getting into Medical School For Dummies Paperback – 20 May 2013
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
- Language : English
- Paperback : 368 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1118424271
- ISBN-13 : 978-1118424278
- Customer reviews:
From the Back Cover
- Grasp the step-by-step process and timeline of applying to medical school
- Understand what medical school admissions committees are really looking for
- Navigate the MCAT and get ready for test day
- Create your best medical school application
Clear, expert advice on applying to medical school
Getting accepted to medical school is a long and rigorous journey, and many students find they need help. If you're one of these students, Getting into Medical School For Dummies is the perfect tool to help you through the process and realize your dream. Written by an industry expert, it gives you a distinct advantage in the competitive medical school admissions process, preparing you for every step and helping you create your best application.
- Premed 101 -- find expert guidance on picking a major, choosing premedical courses, and making the most of your time outside the classroom through extracurricular activities
- Sort it out -- get an overview of the application process, plan for the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), and put together a list of target schools that are a good fit for you
- Weigh your options -- explore osteopathic medical schools, get familiar with dual-degree programs, and investigate international medical schools
- Get ready to go -- discover the cost of medical school, plan a budget, and get to know the types of financial aid available to medical students
Open the book and find:
- A timeline of the application process
- Tips for tackling the MCAT
- Advice on finding the best medical school for you
- Guidance on putting together your best application
- What to expect on interview day
- Considerations for applicants with special circumstances, such as nontraditional applicants and reapplicants
- Help with starting medical school on the right foot
About the Author
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
As a reference, it covers every topic related to applying. I won't try to restate them here, but basically nothing is left out - everything leading up to applying, types of medical schools, how to choose where to apply, etc. Of course every detail of the application itself is covered. The personal statement section is very detailed and helpful.
Also, it covers every type of applicant - high achievers going for the best schools and anyone struggling to get in anywhere. The advice isn't just the basic stuff that every book has - it addresses the subtleties that really can make the difference.
There is no spin or gimmicks that some books have. Just a good, solid book packed with info and advice. Has more detail than almost any other book on applying to med school.
As is typical with Dummies books, it's easy to read with useful bullet lists, tables, etc.
Bottom line - get it if you are premed or applying.