Gourmet Basics by Mikasa 5217596 General Store 2-Tier Metal Mini Countertop Fruit Storage Basket, Antique Black
- HANDCRAFTED: Made from heavy-gauge, carbon structured steel with a BPA-free, food-safe powder coating for long-lasting beauty, even under rigorous use; features an oil-rubbed bronze finish for an antiqued feel.
- STORE AND DISPLAY: This 2-tiered basket does double duty, storing a large amount of fruits, vegies, or other items, while also making produce or products easy to see and select
- STORAGE CAPACITY: The double basket system provides generous storage space; accommodates dozens of pieces of produce and easily handles weight when fully loaded
- MULTI-FUCTIONAL: Perfect solution for home storage, to accommodate various item sizes; use in the kitchen, bathroom, family room, garage, pantry and more!
- SPACE SAVING: Narrow frame with cube-shaped stacked baskets is compact enough to fit on the counter, under standard cabinets; measures 17.5-inches tall
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From Gourmet Basics by Mikasa collection. This General store 2 tier hanging basket features a beautiful traditional design and allows you to maximize space in your kitchen. Great for storing or displaying food or other items. Crafted from wrought iron for long-lasting beauty even under rigorous use. Wipe clean with damp cloth. Measures 10 inch long x 8-1/2 inch wide x 17-1/2 inch high.
General Store 2-Tier Metal Mini Countertop Storage Basket
From Gourmet Basics by Mikasa Collection. This General Store 2 Tier Hanging Basket features a beautiful traditional design and allows you to maximize space in your kitchen. Great for storing or displaying food or other items. Crafted from wrought iron for long-lasting beauty even under rigorous use. Wipe clean with damp cloth.
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
However....as you wind the screws in with the idea that they will poke through the wall of the vertical, square tube, you find out that they cannot, due to the poor workmanship of whomever welded the nuts in place. As you can see in the picture, the hole in the nut, doesn't align with the hole in the frame.
As a result, you wind in the screws as tight as they go, and the handle simply pops out of the frame as if the screws were not even there.
Then....as you attempt to back out the tightly engaged screws to see why on earth it will not work, the cheap, pot-metal Allen key wrench rounds over.
The baskets barely engage with the prongs provided on the frame, when the basket slides to one side or the other. With any weight in the basket at all, the upper one would drop.
The "Antique Black Finish" is a very poorly applied combination of black paint wiped over a copper base finish to try and make it look attractively worn. The outcome however is something that looks like a 7th grade metal shop project. Very tacky.
To charge this much money for a product of such low quality is just wrong. In addition, it's an absolute nightmare to rebox it to send this disappointing, piece of overpriced junk back.
I recently signed up for a produce delivery service and was inundated with an avalanche of avocados and apples all over my counters.
This is the perfect solution! Stores everything nicely and ertically, allows circulation so the fruit doesn't go bad, and the base doesn't take up too much counter space - I can still use that area for meal prep. (That white thing in the photo is the only ruler in the house I could find - has the presidents on one side and the beginning of Declaration on the other! :D )
Little assembly required - and it comes with the two screws and Allen wrench you need so you don't have to run to the toolbox to assemble.
A tiny bit of the black paint was chipped off when it arrived, but I don't care. I'm keeping it and you can hardly notice.