Gunnar Optiks Intercept Amber Dark Oak - PC; Mac; Linux
- Protect your eyes - High Energy Blue Light emitted by electronic devices have shown to increase the risk of accumulated damage to the retina, cataracts, sleep disorders and macular degeneration
- Block Blue light - Block 90% of harmful blue light, 100% of UV. Prevent short-term and long-term damage like macular degeneration, cataracts, and the reduction of melatonin production
- Sleep Better - Block blue light and reduce eye strain that affects your bodies circadian rhythms and prevents healthy restorative restful sleep you need to perform daily and prevent health issues
- Reduce Eye strain - minimize headaches, dry eye and eye fatigue with added amber lens contrast, anti reflective coating and Patented focusing power 0.20 mag
- Comfort & protection - comfortable Frames Fit ergonomically with your face and head, FDA approved. Rested eyes, No headaches, better sleep, and No eye damage caused by blue light from digital devices
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Agency approved. Retro classic frame fused with futuristic technology, INTERCEPT completes the line between style and science. This hinges anchor injected temples. An ergonomically balanced frame supports precision optics. Polished logo plates create low-key accents subtle enough for any undercover recruit.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I decided to try these new Amber max as I'm looking at screens upwards of 16 hours a day. These new lens are AMAZING. They have a much stronger more distinct tint, which takes a little getting used to, but my eyes compensate for it pretty well. I basically never take them off. They double very well as a light part of sunglasses, especially if you look at a lot of screens outside.
They have all the stuff that makes regular amber lens great, but are just stronger.
My main complaint isnt so much with the lenses themselves but with the frames they decided to put them in (for now). The Intercepts are their cheap plastic frames (not necessarily a bad thing, they are very comfy and have very large lens which i like), but the way they position the lens on my eyes the optical center is too low and causes really terrible eye fatigue after long hours. More so than the regular ambers. The fact that these are the ONLY frames you can get the amber max in and there is no adjustable bridge is really annoying. I bought some stick on nose pads that seem to help quite a bit (these should really be included in the box, theyre like $.50 a pair), but I'd just prefer these lenses in different more adjustable frames.
The reason for only 4 stars... These aren't the 65% blue light filtering lenses (light Amber) as titled, but they're the clear 35% lenses. The title is misleading but the glasses look great. I'm going to give these lenses a try and see if they work for me because I love the indigo color of the frame.
Overall great fit, style, and lenses. Love my Gunnar Optiks
Significant reduction in migraine symptoms caused by bright light.
Cons: Unlike other Gunnar Glasses they are the opposite of stylish, however. The large lenses I suppose are meant to block more light, but wrap-arounds would have been better.
Lenses are plastic and smudge easily.