|Product Dimensions||13.97 x 13.97 x 15.24 cm; 155 Grams|
Handmade 100% Eco-Friendly Thai Bamboo Sticky Rice Serving Basket - Purple Colored Wickerwork with Vegetable Plant Based Dye - Food Safe- Family Size - 5.5 Inch Diameter - 6 Inch Height
Enhance your purchase
- 🌱 ECO-FRIENDLY: 100% natural bamboo and is also 100% food safe.
- 🌱 FRESHLY CRAFTED: Bring out crisp new flavors in your old recipe, with our beautiful fashioned serving basket. As these baskets are hewn by a fire to dry the reed stock, a faint hint of the charred scent is innate to the fabricated cane sedge and that fragrance enriches the rice grain contents. The deep purple color is made from ground beetroot and fades into a soft magenta overtime.
- 🌱 HAND WOVEN: Individually handcrafted and designed to endure daily use, these functional food preparation implements will make any asian cuisine taste authentic.
- 🌱 BASKET SIZE: Container diameter is ~5.5 inches and the height is 6 inches in height when closed.
- 🌱 EASY CARE, SIMPLE TO CLEAN: Rinse and air dry in the sunlight. These “authentic natural products” are individually made, and may have slight variations in color shade, due to the organic vegetable concentration variants that occur with each rendition of the drying process. Please note: These are "serving baskets" and not meant for steaming/cooking sticky rice; steaming will cause the plant dye on the exterior reeds to bleed through and tint the rice.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Lots of love goes into the making of this traditional Thai handicraft, interlaced woven, bamboo serving basket and the meticulous craftsmanship of this typically common-use kitchen implement, is admired by all travelers that visit the Kingdom of Thailand. These sticky rice serving baskets, called a Kratip in the Thai language, are made of various materials such as sugar palm leaves, but most often made from bamboo. Only after the lengthy process of splitting and shaving these materials by hand, can the basket-maker start the weaving process. Sticky rice, called Kow neow in the Thai language, is especially popular among the people from the north and northeastern areas of Thailand. Besides being a household appliance, these serving baskets also function as kitchen decorations and are prized as a keepsake of the beautiful Thai countryside. As the staple food for all people in South East Asia, and especially Thailand, rice is eaten with most meals, from breakfast to dessert. Consequently, there is no shortage in demand production for these essential containers to serve this cuisine. From the trendy, elaborate, upscale Bangkok restaurants to the most basic street food feed shack, handmade bamboo rice baskets adorn every Thai food establishment. With so many styles to choose from, our collection of various colors and designs are sure to appeal to your sense of appreciation of fine workmanship in the construction of these exceptional and practical rice serving baskets.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Reviewed in the United States on 18 January 2021
Reviewed in the United States on 19 December 2020
to support the native crafts people who made it