Other Sellers on Amazon
Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book Hardcover – Pop up, 16 November 2010
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
Magical 3D Scenes!
Relive moments at Hogwarts Castle, the Forbidden Forest, Diagon Alley and more!
Filled with behind-the-scenes facts about the making of the movies.
Learn the secrets of the creative team who turned the beloved stories into movie magic.
|Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book||Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Guide to Hogwarts||Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Guide to Diagon Alley and Beyond|
|Description||Dynamic pop-ups animate memorable moments and locations including the Triwizard Tournament, Diagon Alley, and Hogwarts Castle.||A 3D masterpiece celebrating Harry Potter’s Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from New York Times best-selling pop-up engineer Matthew Reinhart.||Explore Diagon Alley in this stunning masterpiece filled with flaps, pops and other surprises! The book unfolds into a 4-foot model of the Wizarding World's famous shopping street.|
About the Author
Lucy Kee is a writer and editor living in the San Francisco Bay Area. As a longtime Harry Potter fan she was thrilled to see the wizarding world come to life in pop-up form, and to explore the work of the filmmakers behind the magic.
Bruce Foster has designed nearly 40 pop-up books for publishers, museums, and corporate clients. His publishing clients include Simon & Schuster; Random House; Little, Brown and Company; Melcher Media; Becker & Mayer; Disney-Hyperion; Candlewick Press; Disney Productions; the Museum of Modern Art; and Insight Editions. Bruce has worked with some of today’s leading illustrators and artists such as Chuck Fischer, Mo Willems, The Charles Schultz Studio, Mick Coulas, Sachiko Yoshikawa, Marjorie Priceman (Little Red Riding Hood, Simon & Schuster, 2000), and many more.
- ASIN : 1608870081
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 12 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9781608870080
- ISBN-13 : 978-1608870080
- Reading age : 7 years and up
- Best Sellers Rank: 2,898 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Things I like:
- The artwork was nicer than I expected, given the cheesey cover. The characters within look much less cartoonish than you would expect, and I quite liked that.
- It comes with a ministry envelope with three small posters (Undesirable Number One, a death eater warning, and a picture of the cover art) and a mini pop-up howler.
- The information talked about is interesting and not too well known, except to people that have watched most/all of the behind the scenes footage and documentaries.
- Several of the scenes (Diagon Alley, Hogwarts and the Forbidden Forest) are really engaging.
Things I don't like:
- There are only five scenes with pop-ups. (The first is Dumbledore's office, but all it has is the ministry envelope and the howler.)
- The scene for the Triwizard challenge and the graveyard scene are rather plain and unexciting. The dragon in the Triwizard scene looks... strange. The positioning is weird.
- The art is good, but the pop-up quality is only so-so. The castle especially sticks and doesn't open up right. I have to fiddle with it, and even then it still seems a little off.
- The numbers for the legend are really hard to see. I understand that they didn't want them to stand out and be distracting, but I genuinely couldn't even find some of them.
All in all, it was nice to look at, but it's a quick read. I have seen a few other adult (ish) pop-ups that retailed around the same price, and I expected it to be like those, so perhaps that's why I was a little let down. I imagine a young child would destroy this rather quickly, so I don't know that this would be a good gift for really young fans. I would highly recommend checking out the prices of third party sellers through Amazon, to get a more reasonable price. I'll probably prop this open next to my other HP things, probably on the Hogwarts or forest scene.