Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Have one to sell?

Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier White

4.4 out of 5 stars 8,648 ratings

Currently unavailable.

We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

About this item

  • Cool Mist Humidifier: Add cool moisture to dry air with this quiet humidifier. The 1 gallon tank runs up to 24 hours on low, making this humidifier great for bedrooms & medium sized rooms in your home. UV technology kills 99.9% of bacteria in the water.
  • Filtered Cool Moisture:Evaporative Technology blows moisture off a wicking filter, helping it evaporative into the air quickly. It's not possible to over-humidify with evaporative technology because you can't add more moisture to the air than it can hold.
  • Honeywell Humidifiers: Humidity levels in your home between 40-60% can make the air feel warmer & improve your breathing comfort, sleeping, nasal congestion & dry skin. Dry air can cause static electricity, damage wooden furniture & irritate health issues.
  • Humidifiers for Babies, Children, Adults: Humidifiers diffuse moisture into the air, and many find that a humidifier for the home, bedroom or nursery becomes an essential part of a good nights sleep when the air is dry, in allergy season, or when sick.
  • Honeywell Quality: Help Improve Air Circulation & Energy Savings in Your Home, Bedroom or Office With Honeywell Fans.

Product information

Technical Details

Additional Information

Feedback

Would you like to tell us about a lower price?

Have a question?

Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews

There was a problem completing your request. Please try your search again later.
All Product Information Customer Q&A's Customer Reviews

Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.

Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.

Please enter a question.

Product description

Filtered, invisible moisture optimized for high moisture output with minimal sound.


HWM-350

Customer Questions & Answers

No customer reviews

5 star (0%) 0%
4 star (0%) 0%
3 star (0%) 0%
2 star (0%) 0%
1 star (0%) 0%
How are ratings calculated?

Review this product

Share your thoughts with other customers

Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com

Amazon.com: 3.6 out of 5 stars 4,914 reviews
Gene Parmesan
3.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the things you own that will end up owning you
25 January 2018 - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase
1,646 people found this helpful
Jessie
3.0 out of 5 stars Works well and I like it, but I don't love it.
26 September 2018 - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase
Customer image
3.0 out of 5 stars Works well and I like it, but I don't love it.
Reviewed in the United States on 26 September 2018
I've owned this humidifier for three and a half years. I purchased it after finding that my ultrasonic humidifier had invisible slime growing inside the tank, so I specifically looked for something I could thoroughly clean and for the most part I haven't been disappointed. Here are my observations and opinions.

Maintainance/Cleaning:
• Can be cleaned thoroughly. The bottom tray and tank can be placed in the dishwasher or can easily be scrubbed by hand because the hole in the tank is large enough to fit an arm through. I clean it in the dishwasher without detergent and turn off high heat/sanitize and heated dry to avoid melting the plastic. The large opening in the tank also makes it pretty easy to dry the inside of the tank to deter mold growth. However, there's one spot inside the tank that's not easy to scrub. I has a weird shape where the handle is located. I haven't had mold grow in that spot, but I consider this a design flaw. I recommend cleaning once a week or the tray will get slimy. I've had this happen when I missed a week.
• I do recommend cleaning the wick along with the tray, tank, and lid weekly, and allowing the wick to dry each day because it definitely can grow mold. My first one did. Once a week, I soak the wick in vinegar, then rinse in water. Every day I remove and wipe out the tank and allow the unit to run until the wick is dry. I haven't had any issue with mold since I started doing this that first year.
• You have to buy wicks. Cleaning them does extend the life of them, but they don't last forever. I'd say mine last a few months before they get hard and begin falling apart.
• The tank lid is NOT easy to clean, and I don't put it in the dishwasher or soak in vinegar because I'm afraid of damaging the rubber seal. I clean with soapy water, a toothbrush, and Q-tips every week. It gets slimy/moldy if I don't. (I also find it difficult to get the lid screwed on tight enough to prevent leaking and have to try several times most times I fill it.)
• As one commenter stated, the fan blades aren't easy to get to to wipe off dust. I've found this issue with every fan I own. I use compressed air cans remove the dust from the blades. This works very well on this unit unlike the tower fan I own. (That commenter also stated that there was mold on their blades, but that's never happened to mine. I only run it at night though, so perhaps if run 24/7?)

Humidity-
• It definitely humidifies my large master bedroom and I notice a huge difference in my throat and sinuses when I use it. However, it's difficult to control the level of humidity. Even on low it seems to cause condensation on the windows. My old unit had a setting for humidity level, but this just has high, medium, and low settings.

Noise-
• This is a difficult one because people vary in their noise tolerance. The fan does make noise even on low. I personally like that because it's a mellow, low-frequency white noise that helps drown out sounds and helps me sleep.

Durability-
• As I stated, I've had it for over three years and it still works great. I use it all night during autumn, winter, and spring.
• The UV light lasted about three years. I recall it working last winter, but I don't think it is now. However, I don't think it really made any difference anyway and it actually damaged the plastic tray around it in the same way constant sun damages hard plastic. This hasn't affected the way the unit works, but I can scrape plastic off with my nail there whick causes me some concern.

Asthetics-
• My opinion is that this thing is big and ugly. It takes up quite a bit of space.

Would I recommend it? Yes if you want something that lasts, that you can clean, that works well and if you're willing to deal with the cleaning and wick replacement. Not if you're looking for something pretty, compact, and/or silent (I think it's pretty quiet, but not silent).
Images in this review
Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image
Customer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer image
842 people found this helpful
Sarah Chazan
1.0 out of 5 stars Awful "Musty" Smell After a Few Months and Impossible to Clean Inside
20 November 2017 - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase
352 people found this helpful
Linda Susan
1.0 out of 5 stars Grow your own Mold City!
14 November 2017 - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase
232 people found this helpful