Java For Dummies Paperback – 8 December 2006
From the Back Cover
Get an overview of Java 6 and begin building your own programs
Even if you're new to Java programming or to programming in general you can get up and running on this wildly popular language in a hurry. This book makes it easy! From how to install and run Java to understanding classes and objects and juggling values with arrays and collections, you will get up to speed on the new features of Java 6 in no time.
Discover how to
- Use object-oriented programming
- Work with the changes in Java 6 and JDK 6
- Save time by reusing code
- Troubleshoot code problems and fix bugs
All on the bonus CD-ROM
- Custom build of JCreator and all the code files used in the book
- Bonus chapters not included in the book
- Trial version of Jindent, WinOne, and NetCaptor freeware
System Requirements: For details and complete system requirements, see the CD-ROM appendix.
About the Author
- Language : English
- Paperback : 384 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0470087161
- ISBN-13 : 978-0470087169
- Customer reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
1) I found it concise, instructive, and extremely helpful in maneuvering through an unfamiliar programming language. The examples included in the book (and online) reinforced all the principles covered in the text.
2) Never, at any point, was it dry and boring. The author did a nice job of balancing theory and practice, with a professional style of writing and humor which continually engaged the reader.
3) The concepts ranged from introductory to complex, yet were logically structured to build upon each other. Some chapters, as expected, were tougher than others (my Achilles' heel was Chapter 13, which I had to read twice).
4) If you're starved for more information about a topic than that which is covered in the book, the author's website takes you above and beyond some of the more detailed subjects.
5) The price can't be beat.
Without a doubt, I'll be definitely returning to this book as a valuable reference source as I chart the Java Seas stretching out beyond the horizon.