Kindle Paperwhite – Now Waterproof with 2x the Storage - 8 GB (International Version)
|Price:||+ S$9.11 Delivery|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet—with a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight
- Now waterproof, so you’re free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the bath
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics, and audiobooks
- Now with Audible (in countries where available). Pair with Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to your story
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours.The built-in adjustable light lets you read indoors and outdoors, day and night.Get instant access to new releases and bestsellers
Amazon International Store
Prime members enjoy FREE International Delivery with no minimum spend on items from Amazon US. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Our thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet, with a sleek, modern design so you can read comfortably for hours.
From the manufacturer
Make a splash
With the waterproof Kindle Paperwhite, you’re free to read and relax in more places, including the beach, pool, or bath. Paperwhite is IPX8 rated to protect against accidental immersion in up to two meters of fresh water for up to 60 minutes.
Pack lighter, travel farther
Our thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet, with a sleek, modern design so you can read comfortably for hours. Features our signature 300 ppi, glare-free Paperwhite display, laser-quality text, and twice the storage of the previous generation. Plus a single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours.
Compare Kindle E-readers
- Display: Amazon's 6” display with E Ink Carta and built-in light, 300ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale.
- Size and Weight: 6.6” x 4.6” x 0.3” (167 x 116 x 8.18 mm). Weight: 6.4 oz (182 g) Wi-Fi + Free Cellular Connectivity: 6.8 oz (191 g) Actual size and weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- System Requirements: None; fully wireless and doesn't require a computer to download content.
- Storage: 8 GB or 32 GB; holds thousands of books. Free cloud storage for all Amazon content.
- Battery Life: A single charge lasts up to six (6) weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 13. Battery life will vary based on light settings, wireless usage. Fully charges in less than 3 hours from a 5W USB power adapter or in approximately 4 hours from computer via USB cable.
- Wi-Fi: Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b/g/n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Content Formats Supported: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PMP through conversion.
- Included in the Box: Kindle Paperwhite, USB 2.0 charging cable and Quick Start Guide.
- Generation: All-new Kindle Paperwhite 10th Generation - 2018 release.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
36 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
About the shipping, I ordered it online from Amazon.sg on 15 Dec and received it on 23 Dec which was 5 days earlier than the estimated delivery date. Since it was the Christmas season, I thought there would be some delays but Christmas came early that day. I am happy with the quick delivery and bought it at a promotional price as well.
With regard to setting it up and connecting to the WIFI, I noticed that it can only connect to a 2.4GHz wireless frequency. I am not sure if this is mentioned in the User’s Guide, but if not, I think this information should be taken note of as well. This is because I thought my reader was defective when I tried to connect it to the 5GHz frequency - if I remember it right, the error was incorrect password but actually was not. I also tried to tether my phone to Kindle but I hadn’t had a chance to make it work yet. So for now, I need to connect to my home’s WIFI to update the library.
Reading books from the Kindle app my iPhone vs Kindle are different experiences in itself. With the Kindle app, it feels like I am reading from a glossy page; I can see the colors of photos but there is also a glare that I have to bear with. With Kindle, pages look matte which is like the screen of the Magic Writer (kid’s toy where you can write on then erase with the magnetic glider) but I can read the text even under direct sunlight. So for me, there is some getting used to when I started reading from a Kindle.
Lastly, I bought the Kindle to make my commute worthwhile. Now, I can read anytime, anywhere without the weight :)
As I am a first time user I must say that I am truly impress as it is a really light weight device to hold and use. It does exactly what it is suppose to do which is to use it for reading. I use to use the Kindle app on my iPhone but I always got interrupted while reading as messages would pop up.
Honestly, I have been hesitating for a long time in getting a Kindle as I like paper backs but with the ever increasing number of books that I have accumulated, I was running out of shelf space at home and so I took the plunge to get a Kindle and I must say, it’s a whole new experience which I am beginning to enjoy. I highly recommend this Kindle Paperwhite 2019 10th Generation 8GB model!
Since my PaperWhite 1 has been so reliable and for so long, I wanted to continue to own a PaperWhite. As there was a Thanksgiving season promotion at very good rate, I bought the all new Kindle PaperWhite 4 (10th Gen). I can now continue to read my story books!! From PaperWhite 1 to PaperWhite 4, it’s quite an upgrade. Page turning/refresh is noticeably faster. It is also a little bit lighter. Let’s hope that it can serve me at least 7 years too.
Next, I shall start to look around for a case/cover for it
The major downside is when Amazon locks your account for unusual activity and then ignores you when you try to get it unlocked - making it impossible to purchase books for the kindle rendering it absolutely useless.
Ball’s in your court, Amazon.
A software feature to allow borrowing books would be fantastic. Currently you are forced to buy books from amazon only. No borrowing. No free books.
Dislikes: Constantly restart, small reading area, price.
Updates 2nd. January 2020 : 2nd Kindle to replace the first arrived (with 37% battery power) and after setting and login to the account, downloaded the book (NIV Study Bible). Book downloaded but upon opening, the device restart itself. Tried with other books, same issues.