McHenry Hohnen Rocky Road 2018 Chardonnay, Margaret River, James Halliday 93 Points
|Price:||S$39.20 (S$17.42 / l)|
Enhance your purchase
- Made from fruit grown in southern part of Margaret River, this Chardonnay has flavour and complexity in abundance. Crisp acidity results in a wine that highlights the excitement typical of Chardonnay from this region.
- Tasting Notes: Hallmarks of Margaret River Chardonnay leap from the glass: pink grapefruit, nashi pears and blossom abound. The palate delivers both freshness and flavour with a saline acidity complementing an abundance of white flesh nectarine and fresh citrus peel, whilst subtle toasted almonds linger on the finish. Fermentation and ageing for 8-months on fine lees in a combination of French oak barriques and large format casks provide depth and palate length to this flavourful wine.
- Winemaker Notes: This Chardonnay fruit was harvested in the cool of the night. Fruit was pressed without sulphur to 2800L 1-5 year old French oak casks, where the juice underwent wild fermentation.
- Pairing: Roast Chicken with Gravy, Crab Cake, soft cheeses
- Margaret River, James Halliday 93 Points
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Package dimensions : 31.2 x 11 x 10.2 cm; 1.14 Kilograms
- Date First Available : 1 July 2020
- Manufacturer : McHenry Hohnen
- ASIN : B00BNTZWKU
- Country of origin : Australia
Buy it with
The grapes used to create Rocky Road Chardonnay were handpicked, and the whole bunch pressed. The juice obtained was then transferred to barrels for fermentation using yeast. This alluring Chardonnay features a pale gold colour with green tinges. A whiff of the wine presents lifted scents of ripe stone fruit and subtle grapefruit notes. The fresh and delicious palate packs ripe peach, grapefruit and nectarine flavours. These great characters combine with lemon acidity and oak nuances, to provide a lengthy finish. It tastes excellent with salmon and cheesy pasta.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|