McHenry Hohnen 2017 Hazel's Vineyard BDX, James Halliday 96 Points
Enhance your purchase
- A largely Malbec dominant blend, our 2017 BDX offers lifted violets, cranberries and blueberries notes on the nose together with exotic spices
- The palate is voluminous and soft with ripe boysenberry and red currants complimenting the more savoury notes of black olive from the cabernet sauvignon and Petite Verdot components.
- Subtle use of fine French oak provides structure and length to this deliciously fragrant wine.
- Pairing: Simple semi hard aged cheese, Olives, Steak, simple foods
- James Halliday 96 Points
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Package dimensions : 35.2 x 13 x 13 cm; 1.2 Kilograms
- Date First Available : 26 June 2020
- ASIN : B08BWWHPR1
- Country of origin : Australia
Buy it with
Margaret River blend of malbec, cabernet sauvignon and petit verdot. Vines planted in 1999. Which remarkably enough is 20 years ago. Time flies. The rewards of the late 1990s planting boom are now to be reaped. Value buy for this kind of quality is impressive. This is a beautiful wine for the cellar. It’s pushed with fruit, rocked with tannin, alive with woods moke and cloves. Savouriness is not forgotten, fruit is the driver, tannin is in control. I’m pretty certain that in 5-7 years I’ll rate this higher. For now it’s firmly in the Buy column. McHenry Hohnen BDX 2017 - Rated : 93+ Points Campbell Mattinson - The Wine Front - Winter 2019
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|