McHenry Honen 2018 Hazel's Vineyard GSM 5 Star Winery - James Halliday 94/100
Enhance your purchase
- Classic Southern Rhone blend GSM bursting with aromas of mulberry and cherry confection over notes of fragrant violets and myrtle pepper.
- The inclusion of a high percentage of whole clusters in this stellar vintage provides extra lift to the nose with sweetened chai spice aromas, perfectly balanced by a touch of dry herbs and savoury jamon
- The palate is initially juicy and sweet, combining crunchy red plums and red liquorice from the Grenache, with Syrah and Mataro adding structure, spice and savouriness. The finish is persistent with layers of cocoa, coffee liqueur and a frame of firm but fine tannins.
- Pairing: Masala Chicken, Steaks, Mediterranean dishes
- 5 Star Winery - James Halliday 94/100 - Campbell Mattinson Made from Biodynamic Grapes
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Package dimensions : 32 x 26 x 17 cm; 1.32 Kilograms
- Date First Available : 26 June 2020
- ASIN : B08BWQ3863
- Country of origin : Australia
Has a beautiful aromatic perfume of the grenache. Pomegranate with spicy rasberry and light plum. Gorgeous. Whole bunch on grenache which is 85 per cent of the blend. The grainy tannins have a slightly powdery character. Love the structure and the fruit qualities/. A real breakthrough wine. Has a touch of roussanne in there too to lift the spice. Cellar 15 years Rated 'Best of the West' Rhone Variety Blend. 2018 McHenry Hohnen Grenache Syrah Mataro - 96 Points (Ray Jordan 2020 - The West Australian Wine Guide)
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|