|Number of Game Players||4 Players & above|
|Mfg Recommended age||8 year and up|
|Item model number||E8029000|
|Product Dimensions||4.1 x 30.5 x 26.7 cm; 703.07 Grams|
Monopoly Socialism Board Game Parody Adult Party Game
- ADULT TWIST ON THE CLASSIC BOARD GAME: This adult board game is a hilarious adult twist on classic Monopoly gameplay
- WORK TOGETHER…OR NOT: This adult party edition of the Monopoly game has players moving around the board contributing to community projects…unless they can steal projects to get ahead
- WINNING IS FOR CAPITALISTS: Contribute to the Community Fund…unless you choose deplete it. Consider the best interest of the group…unless you want to forget that and just do what you need to do
- CHANCE CARDS: Working together might seem ideal, but Chance Cards can abruptly shake things up with things such as lousy neighbors, vegan meatloaf, and bad plumbing
- FUN ADULT PARTY GAME: Get ready for laughs as the twists and turns of life put a damper on working toward a shared, utopian society. Cooperation isn't always what it's cracked up to be
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
In the Monopoly Socialism game players move around the board working together to make a better community by managing and contributing to projects such as a no-tip vegan restaurant, an all-winners school, or a museum of co-creation. But nobody said that cooperation is easy! Drawing a Chance card presents the flip side of striving for the perfect utopian society. You'll have issues with your neighbors, your DIY community projects go awry, you're constantly voting to shake things up, and there’s always an emergency that requires dipping into the Community Fund! Contribute all 10 of your chips to win the game, unless the Community Fund runs out of money and everyone loses. So much for a socialist utopia.
Review this product
1 customer review
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Is it a perfect representation of socialism? No. It's a parody, more importantly it's a parody of contemporary naive socialists in particular.
One could describe it: Monopoly, meets satire, meets cards against humanity.
The game essentially has you have a community fund (starts a 1848 dollars, like the year the Communist manifesto was published) and players start with no money but they all the use the community fund. There are opportunity cards people can get and these come in different categories: cards that can benefit you, cards that make take your money or the community fund money, but most of all cards that you can use to attack other players.
The game odds are stacked against the players, but they can make it if they all cooperate and play smart. However, there is one important lesson here: as soon as one (or more) players get greedy, the whole system falls apart.
Now one can say "it's not like true socialism", and no one argues with that, but the lesson is very real. All socialist and communist regimes failed and they failed because a few were greedy and made the system collapse.
Overall it's a fun game where players can either cooperate or undermine each other... but you require a sense of humor to play, and we know some simply do not have one.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Much needed in times like these! Thank you Hasbro!
Reviewed in the United States on 2 December 2019