|Model Number||NH-L9A-AM4 CH.BK|
|Part Number||NH-L9A-AM4 CH.BK|
|Noise level||19.9 dB|
|Has Auto Focus||No|
|Has Programmable Buttons||No|
|Item model number||NH-L9A-AM4 CH.BK|
|Product Dimensions||9.2 x 11.4 x 2.3 cm; 465 Grams|
Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 chromax.black, Low-Profile CPU Cooler for AMD AM4 (Black)
Enhance your purchase
|Item dimensions LxWxH||9.2 x 11.4 x 2.3 centimetres|
|Noise level||19.9 dB|
About this item
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Proven premium heatsink (more than 50 awards and recommendations from international hardware websites), now available in an all-black design that goes great with many colour schemes and RGB LEDs
- Only 37mm height allows it to fit ultra-compact HTPC and Small Form Factor (SFF) cases, tailored footprint guarantees 100% RAM and PCIe compatibility on all ITX, Micro-ATX and ATX AM4 motherboards
- Renowned, award-winning NF-A9x14 slim 92mm fan with Low-Noise Adaptor and PWM for automatic speed control: Full cooling performance under load, whisper quiet at idle!
- Includes high-end NT-H1 thermal paste and SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on AMD Ryzen CPUs and APUs
- Renowned Noctua quality backed up by 6-year manufacturer’s warranty, deluxe choice for AMD Ryzen CPUs & APUs with moderate heat load (e.g. 5600X, 4750G, 4650G, 3300X, see compatibility list)
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The NH-L9a-AM4 is the latest, AM4-specific revision of Noctua’s award-winning NH-L9a low-profile CPU cooler for AMD Ryzen-based HTPCs and Small Form Factor (SFF) systems. At a height of only 37mm, the NH-L9a is ideal for extremely slim cases and, due to its small footprint, it provides 100% RAM and PCIe compatibility as well as easy access to near-socket connectors even on tightly packed mini-ITX motherboards. The custom-designed SecuFirm2 mounting system for the AM4 socket makes installation child’s play and, thanks to the highly optimised NF-A9x14 92mm fan that supports fully automatic speed control via PWM, the NH-L9a-AM4 runs remarkably quietly. Topped off with Noctua’s renowned NT-H1 thermal compound, the NH-L9a-AM4 combines everything users have come to expect from Noctua’s larger coolers into a super-compact, premium-quality package for ITX and HTPC builds with Ryzen CPUs or APUs.
37mm low profile
Due to the slim 23mm heatsink and the NF-A9x14 low profile fan that measures only 14mm in thickness, the NH-L9 stands a mere 37mm tall, which makes it ideal for use in compact HTPCs or Small Form Factor cases that offer minimum clearance for CPU coolers.
100% RAM compatibility
The NH-L9a-AM4 has a compact footprint that fully complies with the socket keep-out zones specified by AMD. This means that neither the heatsink nor the fan overhang the RAM, so the cooler provides easy access to the slots and is fully compatible with tall memory modules.
100% compatibility with PCIe cards on mini-ITX
Some AMD-based mini-ITX motherboards have the PCIe slot located close to the CPU socket zone. While larger coolers that exceed this zone may block the PCIe slot, the compact-sized NH-L9a-AM4 provides full compatibility with PCIe cards.
NF-A9x14 PWM premium fan
The highly optimised, award-winning NF-A9x14 premium fan features Noctua's proprietary AAO frame as well as sophisticated aerodynamic design measures. Supporting PWM for fully automatic speed control, the NF-A9x14 allows the NH-L9a-AM4 to stay remarkably quiet.
- Height (without fan): 23 mm
- Width (without fan): 114 mm
- Depth (without fan): 92 mm
- Height (with fan): 37 mm
- Width (with fan): 114 mm
- Depth (with fan): 92 mm
- Weight (without fan): 345 g
- Weight (with fan): 420 g
Copper (base and heat-pipes), aluminium (cooling fins), soldered joints & nickel plating
Scope of delivery
- NF-A9x14 PWM premium fan
- Low-Noise Adaptor (L.N.A.)
- NT-H1 high-grade thermal compound
- SecuFirm2 AM4 mounting kit
- Screws for 92x92x25mm fans
- Noctua metal case-badge
Dedicated special edition for AM4 (Ryzen):
Please note that being a dedicated special edition for AM4, the NH-L9a-AM4 comes with AM4 mounting hardware only. (For full socket compatibility, see table below)
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
MSI drop the ball on this one and Noctua claimed it would be compatible.. zzzz
Update: I contacted Noctue directly and they will be sending me plastic brackets which I can use instead of back-plate. It will take around 10 days. So keep in mind if our back-plate is not standard, you will have to do the same.
Update 2: With plastic brakcets it is even worse than a stock cooler from the AMD.. not recommended. If you are building SFX get a Noctua NH-L12S. Temperatures are 20C lower than with this horrible cooler!
Best thing I bought for the computer... well that and the accompanying Chassis Fan. Now I have a very quiet (quieter than a laptop) desktop PC.
I saw a reduction of between 3 - 5c when compared to the Stock Wraith cooler.
If you are looking for a Low profile Good quality CPU cooler, this should be on your list for purchasing...
Don't buy cheap alternatives, spend the money on a decent and you will only have to buy once!