|Item Height||15.8 centimetres|
|Item Width||12.5 centimetres|
|Processor Socket||LGA 1150|
|Are Batteries Included||No|
|Item model number||NH-U12S redux|
|Product Dimensions||4.5 x 12.5 x 15.8 cm; 1.17 Kilograms|
Noctua NH-U12S redux, High Performance CPU Cooler with NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM 120mm fan (Grey)
Enhance your purchase
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Streamlined, more affordable redux line version of the award-winning NH-U12S heatsink
- Slim 120mm size for excellent case, RAM and PCIe compatibility: fits most tower cases (158mm height), doesn’t overhang the RAM slots, doesn’t block the PCIe on most ATX and Micro-ATX motherboards
- Quiet NF-P12 redux-1700 120mm fan with PWM for automatic speed control: full cooling performance under load, near silent at idle!
- Pre-applied high-quality NT-H1 thermal paste & SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on Intel LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA1200, LGA2011, LGA2066 and AMD AM4
- Renowned Noctua quality at an attractive price, smart choice for Intel Core i9, i7, i5, i3 (e.g. 11900K, 11700K, 10900K, 10980XE) and AMD Ryzen (e.g. 5950X, 5900X, 5800X, 5600X)
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
True to the spirit of Noctua’s redux line, the NH-U12S redux is a streamlined, accessibly priced version of the iconic NH-U12S that has established itself as a benchmark for slim, highly compatible 120mm CPU coolers. The redux version uses the same proven heatsink layout that ensures 100% compatibility with tall RAM modules as well as excellent case and PCIe compatibility. Thanks to the popular NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM fan with automatic speed control, it provides high performance under load and runs whisper-quiet at idle. At the same time, Noctua’s renowned, professional SecuFirm2 mounting system and the pre-applied NT-H1 thermal compound make installation child’s play. Backed up with Noctua’s trusted quality, the NH-U12S redux is a smart, affordable choice for a quiet, high-quality 120mm cooler.
Classic 120mm tower size for excellent case and PCIe compatibility
Standing at 158mm tall, the NH-U12S redux is short enough to fit most modern mid- or high-end tower cases. Measuring 125mm wide (including fan and fan clips), the cooler stays clear of the top PCIe slot on most standard ATX or Micro-ATX motherboards, ensuring optimum compatibility with multi-GPU setups.
100% RAM compatibility
Thanks to its slim design with only 45mm fin depth, the NH-U12S redux will not overhang the RAM slots on any current platform. This gives the user full access to the memory modules and ensures 100% compatibility with modules that feature tall heat-spreaders or RGB lighting.
Proven NF-P12 fan with PWM
Specifically designed for pressure-demanding applications such as on heatsinks, the classic NF-P12 is a long-standing favourite among quiet cooling enthusiasts. The higher-speed 1700rpm redux line version supports PWM for automatic speed control, which allows it to run near silent most of the time and provide massive performance when necessary.
Optional dual-fan kit
The optional NA-FK1 fan kit makes it possible to upgrade the NH-U12S redux with a second fan in order to achieve even better performance. Containing a second NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM fan, fan clips, anti-vibration pads, a y-cable and Low-Noise Adaptors, it gives plenty of options to fine-tune the cooler for further improved efficiency or quietness of operation.
- Height (without fan): 158 mm
- Width (without fan): 125 mm
- Depth (without fan): 45 mm
- Height (with fan): 158 mm
- Width (with fan): 125 mm
- Depth (with fan): 71 mm
- Weight (without fan): 550 g
- Weight (with fan/s): 710 g
Scope of delivery
- NH-U12S redux heatsink
- NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM fan
- 4x NA-AVP1 grey anti-vibration pads
- Fan mounting clips (one pair)
- NT-H1 high-grade thermal compound (pre-applied)
- SecuFirm2 mounting kit
Streamlined redux edition
Following the idea of Noctua’s redux line, the NH-U12S redux takes the proven concept of the original NH-U12S and reduces it to its essential core: a quiet, quality-made 120mm cooler with streamlined accessories that is highly compatible and easy to install.
|NH-U12S||NH-U12S TR4-SP3||NH-U12DX i4||NH-U12S redux||NH-U12S chromax.black||NH-U12A|
|LGA2011-0 & LGA2011-3||✓||X||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|LGA115x (LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156)||✓||X||X||✓||✓||✓|
|LGA775 & LGA1366||with NM-I3||X||X||with NM-I3||with NM-I3||with NM-I3|
|Xeon LGA2011 Narrow ILM / Xeon LGA1366 & LGA1356||X||X||✓||X||X||X|
|AM2(+), AM3(+), FM1, FM2 (+)||✓||X||X||✓||✓||✓|
|sTRx4, TR4 & SP3||X||✓||X||X||X||X|
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Full load (95W) operation brought the core temperatures up to 65 to 70 degrees C which I estimated would have been the same with the Themis. So overall on par with the Themis but wins in comparison for ease of assembly.
Anything better would have required liquid cooling that my tower wasn't designed for.
For the price, it is a good deal and it is also quiet. For an i5 processor I would have given 5 starts. Keep this in mind when you shop for a CPU cooler.