Norpro Battery Operated Sifter
- Capacity, 5 cups/40 ounces
- Stainless steel mesh screen
- Perfect sifter for those who have trouble turning a crank or squeezing a handle
- Food safe-BPA free material
- Requires one C battery, not included
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The perfect sifter for those who have trouble turning a crank or squeezing a handle. This has a capacity of 5 cups / 40-ounces. Requires one C battery, which is not included.This is BPA free.
Norpro: Quality & Innovation Since 1973
Norpro is a well-established supplier of distinctive kitchenware located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Norpro was founded in 1973 with a vision of designing, manufacturing and supplying high quality kitchenware backed by a commitment to exceed customer expectations. We are consistently at the forefront of product innovation. Traveling worldwide to study trends enables us to create cutting edge products and introduce our customers to the latest technologies and industry innovations. Our products reflect the upmost in quality and are manufactured with superior materials and craftsmanship.
Bakeware & Baking Essentials
Norpro offers a huge selection of high quality, durable products to make all your baking easier and more efficient! Whether you're baking savory or sweet, Norpro has you covered!
Kitchen tools, Gadgets and Cookware
Make meal prep easier with Norpro's kitchen tools, gadgets and cookware!
Equip your kitchen with necessities like measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, colanders and kitchen utensils.
For the home cook to the professional chef, Norpro's cookware and accessories are perfect for everyday use.
Canning, Seafood, BBQ & Grilling!
Whatever your food passion, from canning to grilling, Norpro has the essentials to make every task easier!
Everything you need to help simplify any kitchen task!
Coffee, Tea, Wine & Entertainment
Create the perfect pick-me-up drink with coffee, tea and wine accessories from Norpro!
Our selection of drink essentials make beverage preparation simple!
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The only real issue I have had with the sifter is apparently caused my inability to read directions. For the last six years I have ben running this thing off of a single AA battery. Well the instructions on the Amazon page say to use a C battery. This may explain why the battery did not seem to fit very well. However, if you are so inclined, I will say that from my personal experience a AA works really well provided it does not slip out of place (which almost never happened). As other commenters pointed out the spring is very tight and does a really good job holding the AA battery in place.
If anyone is wondering I am going to try a C battery with my replacement sifter and see how that works. The AA battery, while it works, is kind of a pain in the butt to get in place when you are changing it or it slips out of place.
Pros of this sifter:
1. It is very fast and easy to use. Generally, I can fill up the reservoir with flour (all purpose or bread) and sift the entire thing in a minute or two.
2. It seems to do a better job with less mess than any hand sifter I have ever owned.
3. It is just the right width for me to sift my flour from the bags they come in directly into a plastic storage container. No pouring from a mat or wax paper. The I just “jam” the bottom of the sifter into the container and it works great.
4. Seems to be very well built but feels kind of flimsy to me (see cons for more).
Neutral comments on the sifter:
1. Cleaning this is no harder than for any other sifter I have owned and in some cases it is a bit easier. It is still a nuisance but that is true for all sifters.
Cons for this sifter:
1. I wish it was a little bit taller. Not wider (see pros) but taller to hold a little more flour.
2. Feels kind of flimsy to me. IT IS NOT, but it kind of feels like it might be. I expected it to break within a year or two when I originally bought it. However, it held up for around 6 years before I lost a part and had to replace it.