|Item model number||MC-246|
|Product Dimensions||7.4 x 18 x 2.7 cm; 40 Grams|
Omron Oral Digital Thermometer Body Temperature MC 246 Pencil Themometer Portable Medical Electronics Termometer
|Price:||(S$10.50 / Count)|
Enhance your purchase
- Fast 60 second readings. Rigid tip
- Professional accuracy
- Last reading recall
- Includes storage case & Batter
Frequently bought together
Product Description Fast 60 sec Actual Measurement(Rectal) Water-resistant Buzzer-beeps when measurement is completed. Memory-Recals last temperature. About Omron OMRON Healthcare India Pvt Ltd is providing innovative medical technologies and products for Monitoring and Therapy. With Omron's competent technologies, reliable and effective healthcare devices are guaranteed to enhance any health management regime. Whether you need to keep that hypertension in check or take the temperature of your child, you can confidently rely on Omron. After all, our company's mission is to contribute to healthy and better lifestyle through enhancing customer satisfaction.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
1. Turn off the thermometer.
2. Remove battery from the back, wait for a minute.
3. Put the battery back in the thermometer.
4. Turn thermometer on, keep power button pressed for 7 seconds. Scale should switch to F from C.
As for the thermometer, measurements are accurate and build quality is good.
##. Never expected from Omron like a company
##. The mini-Screw for the Battery cover also is missing
##. Seriously doubt, whether it is a returned item (hence, I am also going for a replacement)
##. Could not test it! Sorry
• Thermometers used frequently must be calibrated frequently (weekly or
• Follow manufacturer’s instructions for taking temperatures.
• Always calibrate a new thermometer, one that has been dropped on a hard
surface, or one with a temperature reading that is off by more than +/- 2°F
• It’s best to test both ice-point and boiling-point calibration, as thermometer
sensitivity may differ at extreme ranges.
• If the thermometer uses batteries, check battery freshness often and replace if
• Calibration is also available from manufacturers or third-party facilities, for a fee.
• Keep a calibration log according to your store’s policy.
• Make sure the thermometer has a reset button. If it does not, you cannot recalibrate the thermometer.
To calibrate an adjustable digital thermometer:
For all thermometers:
• Non-adjustable digital thermometers may be accuracy checked, even if they can’t be adjusted by the user.
• Use a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)-certified thermometer for testing thermometer accuracy. (NIST
provides certification that a thermometer is accurate within certain limits for a specified time period.)
• Insert the probe of the NIST thermometer into the same ice water or boiling water bath as the test thermometer, making
sure they don’t touch each other or touch the bottom or sides of the container.
• Compare readings on both thermometers. Temperature readings using the test thermometer must be adjusted by the
degree difference between the NIST and test thermometer. For example, if the NIST thermometer reads the boiling point at
212°F and the test thermometer reads the boiling point at 210°F, all high-range temperature readings
using the test thermometer would be adjusted up by 2°F.
• NIST-certified thermometers may be used for accuracy comparison for adjustable digital thermometers and analog
thermometers, as well.
• Fill a glass with crushed ice and add cold water until the glass is full.
• Insert thermometer probe in the center of the glass of ice water, not touching the thermometer to the bottom or sides
• Stir slightly, then wait until temperature indicator on the thermometer is stabilized.
• The temperature should read 32°F (0°C). If it doesn’t, push reset button and adjust to read 32°F (0°C) while probe is in
ice water bath.
• In a deep pan, boil distilled water to a rolling boil. DO NOT REMOVE FROM HEAT.
• Place thermometer probe in the center of the rapidly boiling water, not touching the thermometer to the bottom or
sides of pan. Make sure to protect your hands from steam.
• Wait until temperature indicator on the thermometer is stabilized.
• The temperature should read 212°F (100°C).
• If it doesn’t, push reset button and adjust to read 212°F (100°C) while probe is in boiling water.
• An adjustment is also necessary for high altitudes. For every 550 feet above sea level, the boiling point of water is 1°F
lower than 212°F. For example, at 5,500 feet above sea level, the boiling point of water is 202°F. Thermometers will need
to be adjusted accordingly.
At first, the thermometer was NOT starting (battery looked a little rusted/old, it should have a thin film to safeguard from being active before reaching consumer, because if the retailer is unable to sell within the timelines.. that much battery life gets wasted). After adjusting the battery a couple of times, it started.
Once started, in few secs it stands still at its default value as per the guidelines (37 Deg C / 98 F), however, the value was way below the marks (as seen in the image, e.x 31 C / 85 F / 91 F), with every restart, which shows either the product is used or faulty.
Switching from Centigrade to Fahrenheit was another struggle, you really need tiny fingers to hold the soft button for long 10/20 secs
Underarm test values differed from the Oral test
Lastly, its Auto-Off feature was not working either
I have raised a return and will order the same product again since this product has the highest positive reviews and shows bestseller, (maybe from different seller)
- Batteries : 1 CR123A batteries required. (included)
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 7.4 x 18 x 2.7 cm; 40 Grams
- Manufacturer : Omron
- ASIN : B006UQT26Q
- Item model number : MC-246
- Customer reviews: