|Model Name||Moka Express|
|Mounting Hardware||Moka, filter, gasket|
|Contains Liquid Contents||No|
|Item model number||06800|
|Product Dimensions||10.16 x 10.16 x 22.86 cm; 698.53 Grams|
The Original Bialetti Moka Express Made in Italy 6-Cup Stovetop Espresso Maker with Patented Valve
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Patented safety valve; Easy to clean and disassemble
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
This Bialetti Espresso maker is the original and best way to make authentic espresso coffee in your home. This model makes 6, 2-ounce cups of delicious coffee.
Love your coffee, brew like an Italian
Brew like the Italians brew. Bialetti’s Ground Moka Coffee is the only recommended coffee for your Moka Express. Bialetti’s coffee has been exclusively ground to extract the best possible flavors during the Moka brewing process. Grind size is very important for all types of brewing. The size can affect how your coffee tastes when brewed by different methods. When brewing with your Moka too fine of a grind can cause your Moka pot to clog during brewing. Too coarse, and you get tasteless, weak coffee. Complement your Italian Moka Express with Italian Ground Moka Coffee from Bialetti.
Steps for Use:
Fill the lower chamber with cold water just below the valve.
Insert the funnel and fill it with ground coffee (do not tamp). Remove any coffee grounds on the edge of the funnel. Tightly screw the upper part of the pot on to the base. Avoid using handle for leverage.
Select burner size to fit bottom of the Moka. For gas stovetop, make sure the flame is not larger than bottom of the Moka. The flame should not come around the sides of the pot. Heat until the water boils and coffee begins to come out of the center post. There will be a gurgling sound during this process.
When the top of the pot is full of coffee, remove from stove. Before pouring coffee, stir it in the upper chamber with a small spoon to equalize all the different coffee layers for optimum flavor.
|Dark Roast - Napoli||Light Roast - Milano||Mini Moka Express||Red Moka Color 6 Cup||Cold Brew Maker|
|1.||8.8 oz of a 70% Robusta and 30% arabica blend||8.8 oz of 100% Arabic coffee||Stove Top Use||Stove Top Use||Coffee brewed cold for 18-24 hours|
|2.||Dark Roasted in Italy||Lightly roasted in Italy||Pours two espresso shots||6-Cup Moka Design - 9.2 oz of brewed coffee||65% less acidic coffee|
|3.||Full body; with a bitter cocoa aroma||Delicate body; with flower and dried fruit aroma||Brews right into your espresso cups||Brews in 5 minutes||Use concentrate for hot or iced coffee|
Use Bialetti's Moka ground coffee for best results. Coffee that is ground too fine can clog your Moka pot and ground too coarse will make tasteless, pale coffee.
Heat may be too high if pot produces coffee with a burnt like taste. Try lowering the heat on your next batch. It may take some trial and error.
Do not let flames on stove top extend over the sides of the Moka.
Stir the upper chamber with a spoon after coffee is done brewing.
For best tasting results always use filtered water.
- Wash by hand with warm water
- Dry thoroughly with a towel
- Do not reassemble until all parts are completely dry
- Do not use is the dishwasher
- Do not use and abrasive products to clean the Moka
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
12 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- good "correct" way of making coffee
- flavour is there, very few (almost none) bits of coffee "bits" get into the final product
- looks nice
- works on induction heaters
- easy to wash
- not delivered in perfect condition (had a few scratches and it didn't really seem like new, though Amazon has offered a 30% reimbursement while keeping the product)
- even if it's easy to wash, you still have to wash it every time, as supposed to more expensive ways of making coffee (espresso, filter etc)
- process of adding grounded coffee in that slot almost always ends up in a little mess (it's morning and I haven't had my coffee, of course I'm not careful)
- don't get fooled about that 4 cups thing, that only works for tiny espresso shots; it will just make enough coffee for 2 people if you fill it up to max.
The funnel tank is sharp. I cut my hand when washing it.
There was a little smell of grease on the screw threads of the boiler and the kettle. It was still there even after a couple of runs. But after several uses it goes away.
It would be better if the gasket was made of silicone rather than rubber. The kettle's spout could be designed to be anti-drip.
Overall good product.