Persona 5 Royal: Phantom Thieves
Enhance your purchase
- Prepare for an all-new RPG experience in Persona 5 Royal based in the universe of the award-winning series, Persona! Don the mask of Joker and join the Phantom Thieves of Hearts
- Persona 5 Royal is packed with new characters, confidants, story depth, new locations to explore, and a new grappling hook mechanic for stealthy access to new areas
- With a new semester at Shujin Academy, get ready to strengthen your abilities in the metaverse and in your daily life
- Even for the most seasoned Phantom Thieves among us, Persona 5 Royal is a new challenge to defy conventions, discover the power within, and fight for justice.
- Phantom Thieves Premium Edition includes Joker Mask w/Stand, Steelbook, Art Book, Soundtrack, and Collector's Box
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Prepare for an all-new RPG experience in Persona 5 Royal based in the universe of the award-winning series, Persona! Don the mask of Joker and join the Phantom Thieves of Hearts. Break free from the chains of modern society and stage grand heists to infiltrate the minds of the corrupt and make them change their ways! Persona 5 Royal is packed with new characters, confidants, story depth, new locations to explore, and a new grappling hook mechanic for stealthy access to new areas. With a new semester at Shujin Academy, get ready to strengthen your abilities in the metaverse and in your daily life. Persona 5 Royal presents a unique visual style and award nominated composer Shoji Meguro returns with an all-new soundtrack. Explore Tokyo, unlock new Personas, customize your own personal Thieves Den, discover a never-before-seen story arc, cutscenes, alternate endings, and more!
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Joker Mask w/Stand: Joker mask is wearable (comes with flimsy strap), but not recommend. Better as a display piece with stand. High quality plastic
Steelbook case with game and dynamic theme code inside. Has plastic slip cover.
Art Book: Hardcover.
Soundtrack: Soundtrack is a physical CD in paper slip cover. 10 tracks
Collector's Box: comes with slip cover. Houses all contents.
Now onto the review:
Basically a director's cut of Persona 5 with tons of additions and quality of life improvements and gameplay tweaks similar to Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 FES. Makes Persona 5 (original) obsolete.
Let's go through the list of changes:
1. Added a 3rd semester with new palace. Contains 20-30 hours to gameplay. Revolves around Kasumi (new redhead in trailers)
2. Theives den: view collectables, re-watch cutscenes, play card game. You can use in -game currency to unlock things like artwork, character models, music and video.
3. New characters:
Kasumi: Joins your party post game chapter. She does show up during the main game as if she was there all along in the original. Think Rin in the Catherine Full Body game
Dr. Takuto Maruki: School counselor
Jose: Guy who hangs out in the Thieves Den and helps you get collectables
4. 2 new confidants
5. Balance changes: confusion and status effect times are nerfed. You can't do burger challenge to get early stat boost at start of game
6. 29 new music tracks
7. 3rd persona awakening
8. New opening movie, animated cutscenes
9. New menu screen
10. Weather and events now on in-game calendar
11. New character portraits
Dialogue window has some new effects
12. Able to take Justine and Caroline on dates
13. Aketchi confidants reworked. Social link route has been change
14. Futaba has an all-out-attack
15. Palaces rework (now have grappling hook ability). Core layout is the same, but they added new rooms/areas
16. New boss additions, old bosses have new designs, attacks, and additional phases.
There are added mid-bosses
Rare poweful shadows now appear in both Palaces and Momentoes
17. Baton pass stages/ranks per character
18. New side quests. Calendar adjusted allowing more free time to interact with confidants
Morgana doesn't' tell you to go bed as often
19. New items, enemies, armor, and accessories
20. Gameplay adjustments
Ammo refreshes after battle
Persona and enemies re-balanced
Confidants have reworked perks
21. New skull collectable
22. Persona Traits (abilites/passive skills)
23. New location called Kichioji.
Large new area. New social link events. Where the darts mini game and Jazz club are
Darts mini-game helps exchange baton pass effect for each character
Jazz Club: place where you can level up characters
24. New white day event
25. New 'Showtime' attack: tag team super move
26. Will Seeds. Collectable item. Mainly obtained in room through grappling hook ability. When you find 3 Will Seeds in a palace you get a unique accessory. Picking up a Wii Seed will restore parties SP
27. Momentoes (randomized dungeons) is expanded.
Now has shop that sell exclusive items in exchange for 'flowers' which you find laying around
New stamp system. Collect stamps and trade them in for exp, money or more items
New side quests
28. Velvet room
Now have special optional battles for rewards
Can now go on random alarm mode: powers up persona fusion
29. Assist mechanic. Gives you recommendations on which confidant to visit and which stats to improve
30. 2 new endings
31. PSN trophies different from original. Easier to obtain.
32. If you have PS4 Pro there's a graphics enhancement mode
Overall, the core story is the same with addition of a new trimester chapter, side stories and activities; but there are tons of refined elements that makes the game more approachable than the first.
If you jumping into this for the first time it's a definite buy if you're into JRPGS. For those planning to replay it, fun to play through again with tons of additions. If you thought the original was meh then this one may be a pass as the core experience is the same just enhanced. For me it was worth the double dip.