|Product Name||Philips HF3520/60 Wake-Up Light with FM Radio and Sunrise Simulation|
|Item model number||HF3520/60|
|Product Dimensions||50.55 x 37.08 x 48.77 cm; 1.11 Kilograms|
Philips SmartSleep Wake-up Light, Colored Sunrise and Sunset Simulation, 5 Natural Sounds, FM Radio & Reading Lamp, Tap Snooze, HF3520/60
- CLINICALLY PROVEN*: Philips wake-up lights are recommended by physicians and pharmacists for establishing a healthy sleep and wake routine**
- PERSONALIZATION: Simulated sunset and sunrise and choice of 5 different natural wake-up sounds
- SMART FEATURES: FM radio, tap snooze and automatic dimmable display
- MOOD AND ENERGY: proven to give you an easy and energetic wake-up and improve your mood in the morning***
- 90 Day No Hassle Money Back Guarantee from Philips and can be used as a bedside reading lamp with 10 brightness settings.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The Philips SmartSleep Wake-Up Light allows you to personalize your sleep and wake-up experience through sunset and sunrise simulation. Unlike a traditional alarm clock, it is designed to wake you in a more natural way, using a unique combination of light and sound. The relaxing sunset simulation helps you wind down for bedtime. Smart features include FM radio, tap snooze, a choice of 5 natural wake-up sounds and an automatic dimmable display. Developed with Philips’ clinical Sleep & Respironics healthcare knowledge and 30 years of leadership in sleep. Philips Wake-up lights are clinically proven and backed by a 90 Day No Hassle Money Back Guarantee. Join the 92% of users who found it easier to get out of bed. ***** Footnotes *Giménez, M. C., Hessels, M., van de Werken, M., de Vries, B., Beersma, D. G. M., & Gordijn, M. C. M. (2010). Effect of artificial dawn on subjective ratings of sleep inertia and dim light melatonin onset. Chronobiology International, 27(6), 1219–1241. doi:10.3109/07420528.2010.496912 Werken MV, Gimenez MC, Vries BD, Beersma DG, EJ Van Someren, Gordijn MC (2010). Effects of artifical dawn on sleep inertia, skin temperature and the awakening cortisol response. Journal of Sleep Research, 19(3), 425-435. Gabel, V., Maire, M., Reichert, C. F., Chellappa, S. L., Schmidt, C., Hommes, V., et al. (2013). Effects of Artificial Dawn and Morning Blue Light on Daytime Cognitive Performance, Well-‐being, Cortisol and Melatonin Levels. Chronobiology International, 1–10. doi:10.3109/07420528.2013.793196 **Philips WUL Claims Report US Physicians Recontact 071620 N=16, pages 6, 13 ***Giménez, M. C., Hessels, M., van de Werken, M., de Vries, B., Beersma, D. G. M., & Gordijn, M. C. M. (2010). Effect of artificial dawn on subjective ratings of sleep inertia and dim light melatonin onset. Chronobiology International, 27(6), 1219–1241. doi:10.3109/07420528.2010.496912 Werken MV, Gimenez MC, Vries BD, Beersma DG, EJ Van Someren, Gordijn MC (2010). Effects of artifical dawn on sleep inertia, skin temperature and the awakening cortisol response. Journal of Sleep Research, 19(3), 425-435. Norden, M.J., & Avery, D.H. (1993). A controlled study of dawn simulation in subsyndromal winter depression. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica ******Metrixlab 2011, N=209 users 1Metrixlab N=109
Philips Wake-up Light
Colored Sunrise Simulation for Natural Waking
The Philips Wake-Up Light provides a pleasant, natural way to start your morning. Featuring a colored sunrise simulation and 20 brightness settings, the light gradually increases between 20 to 40 minutes prior to your alarm time. The light also offers the option of waking up to one of five different nature-inspired sounds. Backed by clinical research, the UV-free Wake-Up Light is proven to wake you up with an improved mood and energy level. A light-responsive dimming feature guides you to natural, restful sleep.
92% of Users Agree That it is Easier to Get Out of Bed*
The Philips wake-up light is scientifically proven to work. Clinical research was conducted by independent science facilities where 90% of users reported that Somneo makes me wake up more naturally.** The Philips Wake-up Light not only wakes you more naturally, but also more energized and improves your mood in the morning.
*(MetrixLab, 2011, N=209)
**(Metrix, HUT Sept 2017, US N=113)
100+ years of Philips lighting and healthcare know-how
Philips was founded more than one hundred years ago as a pioneer of the affordable light bulb, and later used its expertise in vacuum tube technology to develop one of the world’s first X-ray imaging machines.
Philips Wake-Up Light, HF3520/ 60 features:
- Choice of 5 different natural wake up sounds
- Display automatically dims itself when the bedroom gets dark
- Just tap the product to snooze
- Dimming light and sound gently send you off to sleep
- 20 brightness settings to fit your personal preference
- FM radio let's you wake up with your favorite radio show
Developed by Philips
Philips has over 100 years experience in lighting.
The company’s goal is to bring products that make a difference to people’s lives. Philips Wake-up Light is proud to continue this heritage, building on years of knowledge and expertise from one of the world's foremost lighting companies.
Use the Philips Wake-up Light to wake up naturally
Select the time you want to wake up, and let a gentle sunrise ease you into your day. 30 minutes before your chosen wake-up time, the light will come on, very gently at first, and getting gradually brighter and brighter. By the time the 30 minutes is up, you should be fully awake, gently and naturally. You can adjust the brightness to a level that suits you.
Why choose a Philips Wake-up light:
- Easier to get up in the morning with colored sunrise simulation
- No replacement light bulb needed
- Cool to touch - Safe for children
- Simply plug and go - no assembly required
- Large, easy to read LED display
- FM radio and tap snooze function
- Pleasant, natural bird song alarm
- Sleek, modern design
Philips Wake-up Light With Colored Sunrise Simulation Features
Inspired by nature's sunrise, the wake-up light brightness gradually increases within 30 minutes from dim yellow until your room is filled with bright yellow light. This process of increasing light intensity stimulates your body to wake up naturally. By the time light has filled the room your chosen natural sound completes the wake-up experience, leaving you ready for the day ahead
Personalized Light Settings
The sensitivity to light differs per person. In general, when using a higher light intensity a person needs less time to become fully awake. The 10 light intensities of the Wake-up Light can be personalized and even be set up to 200 lux.
Bedside Lamp with Dimming Light at Night
At night, the wake-up light (no caps) offers relaxing dimming, sunset-simulating light that helps guide you toward restful sleep. When your bedroom is dark, the display automatically adjusts brightness levels to a pleasing, soft level. With 20 brightness settings, the Philips Wake-Up Light is also a convenient bedside lamp for reading or relaxing at night.
Convenient Features and Tap to Snooze
You can activate the Philips Wake-Up Light's Smart Snooze by touching anywhere on the light after your alarm goes off, giving yourself an extra 9 minutes of sleep. The durable wake-up ligh is designed with non-slip rubber feet, keeping it securely on your nightstand.
|Philips Somneo Connected HF3670||Philips Somneo HF3650||Philips Wake-Up Light HF3520||Philips Wake-Up Light HF3500|
|Ambitrack Bedroom Environment Monitoring||Yes||No||No||No|
|RelaxBreathe Wind-Down function||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Midnight light function||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Colored Sunrise/ Sunset simulation||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Natural wake up sounds||8||8||5|
|USB Charging and AUX deck||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Brightness Settings||25 (300 Lux)||20 (300 Lux)||20 (300 Lux)||10 (200 Lux)|
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
No more. Now I can leave the phone charging across the room (or in a handbag even. Who cares?) I can set this for the "sun to set" at 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes later. So I set it, and I get in bed and read a book for an hour. Then the "sun goes down" gradually, and I go to bed. Eight hours later, the "sun" starts coming up gradually. So gradually, that at the beginning, you don't even notice. And you can set sounds in addition to the "sunrise" effect: birds chirping, ocean waves, classical music, or FM radio (although why on Earth would you choose FM radio?)
You can set two different wake up "alarms". It doesn't even feel right to call them alarms, because it's not obnoxious or loud. It doesn't jolt you awake. You wake up gradually. This thing is perfect. I'm reading more, sleeping a lot better, and I don't even remember anymore to grab my phone to check social media in the mornings. In fact, sometimes I'll be at the office, and it'll be noon before I realize I left my phone in the car.
Drop the dependency on cell phones. It's ridiculous. We're like that movie, Wall E. Get this and improve your life and your quality of sleep.
Hardware: Everything is done well.
- The night light puts out a soft sleepy light that's bright enough to read by but makes me sleepier rather than more awake like a lot of lights do.
- The radio speaker puts out soft sound that's relaxing to listen to (in contrast a lot of speakers put out tighter sharpened sound that's exciting and clear but not sleep inducing).
- The clock is amazingly non-disturbing. I didn't think anyone could make an led clock that didn't keep me awake when next to my bed, but this one does the trick. And I didn't even turn the contrast down.
- Sticky rubber keeps it from sliding around.
- It looks fine. Philips has a new model that...uh, it doesn't look good. This one looks fine next to the bed.
- Controls are just awful, like other reviewers said. The buttons are located around the edges and it's difficult to find the one you're looking for. It took me a while to just figure out how to turn the alarm off. This is despite that it comes with a touch screen and menu. Everything is work to figure out how to do it, you really need the instructions that come with it. Despite this I'm not sending it back - you can figure out the controls - but as someone who does tech work all day it still took me 30 minutes to figure out how to do stuff on this.
- The sound part of the alarm turns itself off after 60 seconds. Wth.
- It's easy to hit the alarm control by accident which disables the alarm until you turn it on again.
- No line in or sd card slot for your own music.
- No automatic day/weekend switch, as the device doesn't even know the date.
- You can really really dim the clock but cannot turn it off completely. Not a problem for me, but I can see why it could be for other people.
- An electrical outage won't lose your alarms or settings, they're saved. And if the power comes back on it will resume the alarm still waking you up at the correct time. And the clock stays accurate through a power outage as well. However, if the power is out when your alarm it will skip it. Seems odd for such an expensive device.
My advice to Phillips is to stay with the physical design, but move all the physical controls to the menu/touchscreen. And fix the other annoyances I mentioned.
I'm so relieved to find a decent light that I'm keeping this and not returning it, but because of the horrid physical controls I cannot recommend it to other people. If it had good controls I would have bought it as a christmas present for other family members who also suffer from sleep issues, but I just can't see myself giving out something with such horrid controls.
Reviewed in the United States on 3 February 2017