|Hardware Platform||Headphones, Headset, PC, Speakers|
|Hardware Interface||USB 2.0|
|Audio Output Mode||Stereo|
|Number of Ports||2|
|Includes Rechargable Battery||No|
|Remote Control Included?||No|
|Has Programmable Buttons||No|
|Item model number||USB-AUDIO|
|Product Dimensions||1 x 7.6 x 12.1 cm; 15 Grams|
Plugable USB Audio Adapter with 3.5mm Speaker-Headphone and Microphone Jack, Add an External Stereo Sound Card to Any PC, Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux
Enhance your purchase
|Hardware interface||USB 2.0|
|Audio output mode||Stereo|
|Platform||Mac OS X, Linux, Windows XP, Mac, Windows 10|
|Hardware platform||Headphones, Headset, PC, Speakers|
About this item
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CONVENIENT AUDIO - Enable USB connectivity with your existing 3.5mm audio headphones, headset, speakers, or microphone
- GREAT REPLACEMENT - Perfect for bypassing a faulty sound card, audio port, or as a replacement for a broken USB audio adapter
- ALWAYS READY - Leave connected to a USB hub or dock to avoid unplugging. Lightweight, compact, and constructed of durable aluminum in a black finish
- EASY INSTALL - No additional drivers necessary, plug-and-play on many devices. Compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8.x, 7, Vista, and XP, Linux, macOS, and Chromebooks. Not compatible with USB ports on car audio systems. Not suggested for lapel microphones
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The Plugable USB Audio Adapter
Instant Audio for Your PC
The Plugable USB Audio Adapter (USB-AUDIO) is an easy way to instantly add a headphone and microphone jack to almost any USB-enabled PC or laptop.
Compact and durable, the adapter installs without needing additional drivers. Simply plug the adapter in, set it as your default device, and listen to your favorite tunes and record with ease!
This adapter is a great option if you have a system with broken audio jacks, where speakers aren’t available, or where a USB solution would be more convenient. The adapter is an affordable alternative to hiring a technician, replacing computer parts, or buying a new PC or laptop.
A perfect companion for desktops and laptops, this USB audio adapter also shines with development boards like Raspberry Pi, and Beaglebone, where convenient audio access may be needed.
This small and simple plug-and-play adapter adds audio to your computer right away, with no additional drivers necessary!
After receiving the audio adapter, simply plug it into your desired system. Go to your Control Panel, Settings, or System Preferences and set the USB audio device as the default input and output device. You may also need to set the “Plugable USB Audio” as the default device in specific apps such as Discord, Skype, and Audacity.
Depending on your platform, this adapter can add audio output, but the microphone input may not work.
Please note that cars and TVs are not compatible with this adapter, and that in some scenarios the USB-AUDIO can add audio output, but not audio input.
Solid State System SSS1629 Chip for widest compatibility.
Leave connected to a USB hub or dock for easy access. USB bus powered, no external power needed.
Bypass a faulty sound card or audio port.
Adapter body is a compact, lightweight, and durable black anodized metal.
The adapter accepts TRS jacks commonly found in headsets and microphones.
A TS microphone requires a 3.5mm mono-to-stereo adapter to adapt the microphone from TS to TRS.
XLR based microphones, and 1/4” audio jacks from instruments will not work even if adapted to 3.5mm TRS.
Not compatible with lapel microphones.
Compatible with any standard USB Audio Class enabled devices and operating systems, with no driver install needed, including:
USB-enable your wired 3.5mm audio headphones, headset, speakers, or microphone.
Not compatible with car audio systems, TVs, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Systems.
We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too.
All of our products are backed with a two year limited parts and labor as well as Seattle-based support service.
Plugable Technologies is one of the world’s best-known brands for USB and Thunderbolt devices. Headquartered in Redmond, Washington— Plugable focuses on better products, better information, and better help than can be found at any traditional electronics company.
- Better Products—Plugable products focus on versatility, compatibility, and connectivity—making your life more productive and efficient
- Better Information—Plugable provides more information such as compatibility charts and how-to videos to better assist their customers
- Better Help—The Plugable team is a group of technical engineers with a deep understanding of their products that connect directly with customers
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Thank you Plugable
So far, this has worked flawlessly and is excellent for the low price I paid.
It is worth noting that the width of the device means that it will block any horizontally adjacent USB ports, unless you use a USB extension cable. This is not a problem for the configuration of ports on my laptop, but may be an issue for others.
Basically I needed it because I purchased a brand new Lenovo ThinkCentre and like a lot of new tiny PC's nowadays, they seem to have stopped putting a 3.5mm socket for speakers on the back of the case? Just a headphone socket on the front. I didn't really want a wire hanging out of the front and didn't want to have to buy a new set of Bluetooth speakers, so had a look round for a USB adaptor to plug in the back instead. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a thing you could get and very glad i found this product which worked perfectly without any issues at all, plug it in to a free USB slot, plug your speaker cable in and away you go.