|Wireless Type||2.4 GHz Radio Frequency|
|Number of Ports||1|
|Has Auto Focus||No|
|Includes Rechargable Battery||No|
|Remote Control Included?||No|
|Has Programmable Buttons||No|
|Item model number||USBC-DP|
|Product Dimensions||1 x 15.24 x 16.51 cm; 45.36 Grams|
Plugable Usb C To Displayport Adapter - 6Ft (1.8M) Adapter Cable (Supports Resolutions Up To 4K At 60Hz)
Enhance your purchase
|Connector type||USB Type C|
|Number of ports||1|
About this item
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Connect your system's USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 port that utilizes DisplayPort Alternate Mode functionality to a DisplayPort compatible display with a single 6ft/1.8m long adapter cable
- Supports resolutions up to 3840x2160@60Hz (4K). Plug and Play; no software installation required. Compatible with Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows on supported systems
- USBC-DP cable is compatible with 2018 iPad Pro, 2018 MacBook Air, 2017 iMac/iMac Pro, 2017 / 2018 MacBook Pro, 2017 / 2018 12 MacBook Retina, Dell XPS 13 & 15 (9350 / 9360 / 9370, 9550 / 9560 / 9570), Microsoft Surface Book 2, HP Spectre x360 systems with Thunderbolt 3 ports, Chromebook Pixel 2015, and many other tablets, & desktops which comply with the VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode on USB Type-C Connector Standard\
- Requires USB-C port which supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode (not all USB-C ports/systems support Alternate Mode functionality) or Thunderbolt 3 port. Please note the Apple 12 MacBook only supports up to 4K@30Hz. Not a bi-directional cable, can only work with DisplayPort port displays. See additional compatibility information below
- We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1 year limited parts and labor as well as Seattle-based email support
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Plugable USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter Cable
The Plugable USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter Cable enables a DisplayPort display to be connected to a computer via a USB-C port or Thunderbolt 3 port which supports “VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode over USB-C" ("Alt Mode").
Supports resolutions up to 3840x2160@60Hz (4K) on DisplayPort displays.
Alt Mode adapters allow you to add an additional display output easily and inexpensively on supported systems. Since DisplayPort Alternate Mode is a direct pipeline to the host graphics processor (GPU) in your system, the connected display will function with the same uncompromising performance of a natively attached display.
Video and photo editing, gaming, and other resource-intensive tasks are possible assuming that the system's GPU capabilities are sufficient for the application being used.
Plug and Play installation on any Windows, Mac, or Linux host which supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode (Alt Mode) video output functionality.
Adapter has been fully tested for functionality on the 2018 iPad Pro (mirroring only), 2018 MacBook Air, 2017 iMac/iMac Pro, 2017 & 2018 MacBook/MacBook Pro, MacBook Retina 12" 2016 / 2017, Google Pixelbook, Chromebook Pixel 2015, Dell XPS 13 9360 / 9370 & XPS 15 9560 / 9570, Lenovo P50, and Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+.
Audio is supported on DisplayPort capable TVs and monitors with built-in speakers.
Note: Apple has limited the 4K abilities of the 2016 and previous 12" MacBook to only support 30Hz.
Most current phones and tablets with USB-C ports do not support Alt Mode video output.
ASMedia USB 3.1 controllers do not support Alt Mode video at this time.
DisplayPort connector cannot be converted to HDMI, DVI, or VGA.
Our cable is not bi-directional and can only work with DisplayPort port displays.
Motherboards with dual USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports are limited to a single Alt Mode output; only one Alt Mode adapter supported per system.
Adapter is capable of passing Multi-Stream data. However, DisplayPort MST daisy chaining is dependent upon the host system, graphics drivers, and monitors being used.
In the Bag
Plugable USB-C to DisplayPort adapter cable (6ft/1.8m)
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
The options I had were the £49 apple adapter that has terrible reviews and to be honest its just a criminal price.
This cable works perfectly.
1. Softer smaller cable than the old Thunderbolt cable
2. USB-C actually sits more securely so bumping the laptop does not cause connection to be lost.
3. It runs at 60hz
4. It detects the when the MacBook is activated and if I close the screen on the Mac it re-arranges on the big screen. The same happens if I turn the large screen off it seamlessly re-arranges on the smaller screen.
Overall its been a great find at £18 its a bargain compared to the alternative solutions
Edit: I did later read that this monitor sometimes causes issues like this, so may not be 100% the cable's fault. The manufacturer did respond, but Amazon did not notify me of that, so I will upgrade my review to a 3 star neutral review.