|Part Number||R820T2 RTL2832U|
|Number of Ports||1|
|Includes Rechargable Battery||No|
|Remote Control Included?||No|
|Item model number||f-261|
|Package dimensions||13 x 6.5 x 1.1 cm; 33 Grams|
RTL-SDR Blog R820T2 RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO SMA Software Defined Radio (Dongle Only)
Enhance your purchase
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Includes 1x RTL-SDR Blog brand R820T2 RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO HF Bias Tee SMA Dongle (V3) (Dongle Only)
- Great for many applications including general radio, air traffic control, public safety radio, ADSB, ACARS, trunked radio, P25 digital voice, POCSAG, weather balloons, APRS, NOAA APT weather satellites, radio astronomy, meteor scatter monitoring, DAB, classroom learning, or for use as a low cost panadapter with a traditional ham radio.
- Several improvements over other brands including use of the R820T2 tuner, improved component tolerances, a 1 PPM temperature compensated oscillator (TCXO), SMA F connector, aluminium shielded case with thermal pad for passive cooling, activatable bias tee circuit and a much improved antenna set.
- Can tune from 500 kHz to 1.7 GHz and has up to 3.2 MHz of instantaneous bandwidth (2.4 MHz stable). (HF reception below 24 MHz in direct sampling mode with reduced performance). Please note RTL-SDR dongles are RX only.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
This is an RTL-SDR blog V3 software defined radio receiver with RTL2832U ADC chip, R820T2 tuner, 1PPM TCXO, SMA F connector and aluminium case with passive cooling. Tunes from 500 kHz to 1.7 GHz with up to 3.2 MHz (2.4 MHz stable) of bandwidth. (HF works in direct sampling mode with reduced performance). Perfect for use as a computer based radio scanner with free software like SDR#, HDSDR, SDR-Radio, GQRX or SDR Touch on Android. Works on Windows, OSX, Linux, Android and computers like the Raspberry Pi.
Great for many applications including general radio, air traffic control, public safety, ADS-B aircraft radar, ACARS, trunked radio, P25/MotoTRBO digital voice, POCSAG, weather balloons, APRS, NOAA APT/Meteor M2 weather satellites, radio astronomy, DAB, classroom learning, or as a low cost panadapter with a ham radio.
This model has several improvements over other brands. It uses the improved R820T2 tuner, a 1PPM TCXO, better components, a redesigned lower noise PCB, cooling improvements, extra ESD protection and an SMA F connector. It also has a software activatable bias-tee for powering LNA's and active antennas.
For enabling HF reception below 24 MHz please see the V3 features guide and please feel free to contact us via Amazon messaging for technical support - we're happy to help.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Performance appears similar at least for my ADS-B application - with an indoor 8 element colinear from RG-6 feeding directly I am seeing aircraft out to approx 240 Km. Due disclosure: I am located on top of a hill. I have ordered a 15 dB preamplifier (with filters) to try and improve performance. As may be seen in the photo I dremeled open an old cable tv splitter and made it into an F type to SMA adapter. The white RG-6 is only about 5' long and goes directly to the antenna beside my workstation. So negligible transmission line loss.
I was very pleased that the dongle connected to existing software without any changes on SDR# and ADSB#. It tunes down to HF but I have not had time so far to connect it to a suitable antenna for testing on HF. If I was going to use it on HF I expect that I would need a pre-amplifier and a set of switchable band pass filters.
I was not happy with the shipping time. It Amazon's delivery contractor 8 days to bring the package 80 km from the distribution centre to my local drop off point. To me this is not acceptable and I am weary of COVID-19 excuses for raising prices and lowering the level of service.
I like to buy two more but I will wait when RTL-SDR-Blog list again this item. Overall product performance is good.
Also be aware lots a FAKE one available in the market and they looks same but performance is not same, Only seller RTL-SDR blog sells genuine item.
best product ever to start with your SDR experience. Just go for it.
It is working as expected.
Built with Metal frame and sturdy.
Seller is professional.
Timely delivery by amazon prime. Even i got 5 days earlier.