|Product Dimensions||9.14 x 9.75 x 14.27 cm; 145.15 Grams|
|Item model number||MAGWDMB|
|Other display features||Wireless|
|Item Weight||145 g|
SCOSCHE MagicMount- Magnetic Window Mount for Mobile devices - Car Mounts - Frustration-Free Packaging - Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Magic Mount is a new magnetic mounting system for conveniently mounting smartphones and more.
- Place your device at any angle for convenient viewing. On the road, at the office, at home, everywhere.
- Secure the Magic Mount with the automotive-grade 3M adhesive.
- Install the MagicPlate behind your case or battery cover, directly to your rugged case or directly to your device.
- A Larger and smaller MagicPlate are included
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Magnetic Window Mount for Mobile devices- Safely Secure your mobile device to your car window. Flex-neck design gives you freedom to position at multiple viewing angles- Magic Mount is a new magnetic mounting system for conveniently mounting smartphones and more. Just hover your device near the magnetic surface and it instantly locks securely in place. Its sleek cradle-free design uses high-powered magnets to secure your device where you use them most. Place your device at any angle for convenient viewing. On the road, at the office, at home, everywhere. Place your device at any angle for convenient viewing. On the road, at the office, at home, everywhere. Secure the Magic Mount with the automotive-grade 3M adhesive. Install the Magic Plate behind your case or battery cover, directly to your rugged case or directly to your device. Works with: GPS, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Smartphones, Tablets. A Larger and smaller Magic Plate are included.
- Secure hold with StickGrip material and adhesive mounting disk
- 360 Degree adjustable head
- Secure grip with strong magnets
- Cradle-free Design
SCOSCHE MAGWDMB MagicMount Universal Magnetic Suction Cup Mount Holder, Black
For Mobile Devices
The MagicMount is a new car phone mount for conveniently mounting your smartphone and devices to the dashboard of your car, countertops, desks, tables and other surfaces. The powerful neodymium magnets hold your phone and device securely in place. The 4-Axis, 360 degree adjustable head and mounting arm allow for optimal viewing. Cradle-free design permits safe, easy one-handed device use and access to all controls and ports.
Strong MagicMount Magnets
Comes with magnets that provide a secure grip to your devices.
Optimal Viewing from Any Angle
360 degree adjustable head with soft touch rubber lock-nut and Flex-Neck mounting arm.
Integrated Cable Clip
Secure the charging cable to the mount with the integrated cable clip.
Versatile Phone Mount
Secure on any surface with the StickGrip material and adhesive mounting disk on suction cup base.
About SCOSCHE Industries
Founded in 1980, SCOSCHE was born from, and runs on our passion for cool vehicles, amazing sounds, the great outdoors, travel, motor sports, horsepower and voltage. We’re a company of gear-heads, drivers, surfers, racers, riders, tech buffs, tech users, innovators, and relentless pursuers of perfection. We never get stuck in the past or in the mud.
|Mount Type||Adhesive||Suction Cup||Vent||Suction Cup||Adhesive|
|Application||Car / Home / Office||Car / Home / Office||Car||Car / Home / Office||Car / Home / Office|
|Adjustable 360 Degree Mount||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Interchangeable Trim Rings||✓|
No customer reviews
|5 star 100% (100%)||100%|
|4 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|3 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|2 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|1 star 0% (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I had picked out the perfect spot where I wanted to put this on the dash, which is a very smooth, yet somewhat textured (to look like leather) firm rubbery surface (see pics). It says right on the package, "Mounts to textured surfaces" so I thought it would be no problem as this surface is relatively flat and is BARELY textured. I followed the instructions to the letter, but the mount wouldn't stick to the dash well enough to hold it's own weight for 10 seconds let alone the weight of my phone! It fell off immediately. I tried again, holding it down for like 3 minutes this time and still, wouldn't even stick for 2 seconds.
I wrote to the company and they sent me a replacement mount to try. When it arrived, I tried it again, once more following the steps to the letter. Additionally, after pressing firmly for a few minutes, I left the mount alone for several hours before I tried putting my phone on it. When I came back to my car I was delighted to see that it was still stuck! I put my phone on it and drove home from work. However, within 15 minutes (and a few speed bumps and pot holes later) it had fallen off... :(
I was officially frustrated at this point but decided to try sticking it to a hard and completely smooth plastic surface just below where I had been trying to mount it before and it stuck quite well and held my phone, but because I had already stuck it to the other surface, it had lost some of its tack and wasn't going to hold forever, so I wrote to the company AGAIN explaining my problem and they sent me a 3rd mount to try.
This time I just went straight for that hard, smooth plastic surface (even though it isn't where I wanted to put it because it blocks one of the air vents a little) and it is AWESOME! I really have debated what rating to give this product because now that it's stuck, it works like a dream and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I truly think it's the ideal mounting system for phones and tablets, but man what a PAIN getting to this point! And their promise that it would stick to textured surfaces proved to be very much untrue for me. If I had stuck it to that hard plastic surface from the start I would've given it 5 stars for sure!!
Here's what I wish I had known about this from the beginning but learned through much trial and error:
- If you're mounting it on a vertical surface (see my pictures) it really has to be completely smooth.
- I wish the instructions had given more information about which magnetic plate to use for which devices. I started by putting the large plate on my iPhone 6 but that was NOT necessary. The tiny plate has more than enough magnetic strength to hold an iPhone 6 in a slim case even when plugged in.
- Even though this is advertised to usable immediately, I HIGHLY recommend you stick it per the instructions and then WAIT OVER NIGHT before allowing it to bear weight.
- Based on a few trials, I find that the best placement for the metal plate is at the bottom of the phone (see pics) with the long side horizontal. I tried at the center and with the plate's long side pointing up and down vertically and I like the way this sits much better. I have mine stuck to the back of my clear plastic case.
- Customer service was very helpful and prompt, so if it doesn't work for you for some reason, don't give up and write a bad review before talking to them about it because I promise once you get it to work you will LOVE it!!
Other things I love about it:
- Sleek, sexy, minimal design
- STRONG magnets but not so strong that you have trouble pulling the device off with one hand
- The options this gives you for degrees of rotation are limitless! LOVE that!
- Magnetic plate that attaches to the device is SO THIN I barely notice it at all. It doesn't get in the way of slipping it in and out of pockets, purses, backpacks etc., and doesn't look completely obnoxious.
In summary, I think this mount is probably the best dash mount out there, but unfortunately it didn't quite live up to its advertising for me. I was going to give it 3 stars, but decided on 4 because customer service was so great and because in the end, even after all the headache and disappointment I really really love it! I hope this helps someone else in the market! I did NOT receive this item for free or at a discount.
I ordered a Scosche with a suction type but this one also did not hold.
My observation is the the Scosche products are not designed very well. I have two other suction type dashcam and cellphone holder that have have not come off on my other car.
It has suction, along with a silicon backing which works just like on your windshield. The surface does have to be smooth for it to adhere properly. At first installation, it was great but I wanted to change the position so that I could get a better view of my phone. It took a little work. There is a tab on the silicon that you would use to loosen the grip after releasing the suction. You'll need to tug on the tab, but after a little work on my part- okay - a LOT of work on my part- The silicon finally gave way. Clean and clear with no sticky residue on my dash, now I know I can remove it and use in my other car with no problem. The rotating head is great and the extra magnet tabs are a bonus because if you change your cover like I do, you could put one on each cover. There are also silicone pads that you would attach to your phone before placing the magnets on it so that you can remove it more easily if you change your phone. Overall I am very happy, I have one on my counter at home too! Works perfectly.