- Product Dimensions:: 29.5 x 41.9 x 0.3 cm ; 90.7 g
- Shipping Weight: 118 g
- ASIN: B005QBJYIC
- Date first available at Amazon.sg: 27 August 2014
- Customer reviews: 1 customer rating
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
1,616 in Kitchen (See Top 100 in Kitchen)
- #223 in Baking Tools & Accessories
Silpat Silpain Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat for Bread, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2", Black
- Designed for making dough and baking bread rolls, buns and more; Provides non-stick baking and even heat transfer to your baked goods
- Mat measures 11-5/8-inch x 16-1/2-inch; Fits half-size 13-inch x 18-inch baking sheet
- Wipe with soapy hot water after use and lay flat or hang to dry; Lay flat or roll to store
- Made of fiberglass and silicone and can be used thousands of times; Professional quality
- Freezer, microwave and oven-safe; Can be used at temperatures varying from -40 degrees C to 250 degrees C (-40 degrees F to 482 degrees F)
Size: Pack of 1
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
This Silpain (Silpat for bread) is a must when making dough and baking bread rolls, buns and more. This 11-5/8 x 16-1/2-inch mat will turn your pan into a non-stick surface. The mat is a flexible, non-stick, easy-to-use liner that has a perforated texture covered with food grade silicone and can be used thousands of times. It is ideal for freezing and for baking bread of all shapes and sizes, which are not required to be calibrated, as well as for the partial baking of tarts. The mat must be used flat and placed on a tray (we recommend a perforated tray as this provides better heat circulation). The mat is easily cleaned using a soft sponge under running water. Nothing sticks to Silpat, so it will save you a lot of time cleaning as there in no more sticky mess on your pans! Silpat never needs greasing, which saves both time and money. Use Silpat instead for any baking recipe that calls for parchment paper. This saves money and creates less waste for our environment. Life of product varies-lasts 2,000 to 3,000 uses depending on use and care. Silpat products conform to US regulations on food grade silicone and are FDA, NSF and Kosher certified. Can be used at temperatures varying from -40 Degree to 250 Degree (-40 Degree to 482 Degree). Made in France. Silpat is known around the world as the original non-stick baking liner. Silpat liners are made of fiberglass and food grade silicone and are completely food safe. Nothing sticks to Silpat! Sasa Demarle Inc. was founded in 1965 by M. Guy Demarle in Northern France. Mr. Demarle was an experienced baker who was seeking a better way to make baguette bread with forms using non-stick silicone coatings. He went on to invent the first non-stick baguette baking trays or filets, as they are known in France. A few years later, Mr. Demarle also went on to invent and create the original Silpat. Since then, we continue to strive for improvements in non-stick products for the baking, patisserie and food-service industries.
Silpat Silpain Perfect Bread Mat
The Silpain Perfect Bread Mat is a must when making dough and baking bread rolls, buns and more. This 11-5/8 x 16-1/2-inch mat will turn your pan into a non-stick surface. The mat is a flexible, non-stick, easy-to-use liner that has a perforated texture covered with food grade silicone and can be used thousands of times. It is ideal for freezing and for baking bread of all shapes and sizes, which are not required to be calibrated, as well as for the partial baking of tarts. The mat must be used flat and placed on a tray (we recommend a perforated tray as this provides better heat circulation).
Features and Benefits
- Provides perfectly baked bread with an ideal crusty finish
- Made of fiberglass mesh and the highest quality food grade silicone, which provides consistent heat distribution and promotes even baking and browning
- The non-stick surface allows for excellent product release and easy cleanup
- Conforms to US regulations on food grade silicone, and is FDA, NSF, and Kosher certified
- Durable and reusable for thousand times - just rinse with soapy hot water after use and lay flat or hang to dry
- Temperature safe for use in the oven, microwave and freezer (-40° F to 500° F)
Silpat products are a must-have for all bakers. Since 1965, Sasa Demarle Inc. has been committed to improving your baking experience by introducing top quality products. Silpat products never need greasing and replace parchment paper. Using Silpat products saves time, money and reduces waste in our environment. Silpat products are completely food safe. The durability and longevity of our trays is also far superior to that of traditional non-stick coatings, as each tray can withstand up to 2,000 to 3,000 bakings (dependent upon use).
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
In the first image I’m comparing to my regular silpat. The weave on the silpain is more open - allowing for more air to move.
This is not huge, it fits fine in my baking sheets. I used a ruler to show the actual baking area (the black area).
It fit 12 of the garlic knots you see in the final photo.
The bottoms were golden and crispy - not burned or hard - but you can tell the difference versus parchment paper.
If you bake on your pan directly you may notice the flat surface heats up and so it’s easier to overcook the bottom surface. This takes care of that.
If you’re making cookies and want a nice bottom like shortbread or a more crisp cookie (especially if you decorate them) this works great.
Just make sure you don’t fold it and store it rolled or flat.
Cleans up in a snap.
Also, at the shop we sacrificed a full-sized silpain to cut in strips to bake our tart shells with a ring. Gives the tart a nice finish!