|Model Name||Cast Iron|
|Special Features||Gas Stovetop Compatible|
|Mounting Hardware||Round Cocotte|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Material Type||Cast Iron|
|Contains Liquid Contents||No|
|Item model number||1102606|
|Product Dimensions||32.69 x 26.01 x 16.69 cm; 5.85 Kilograms|
Staub Cast Iron Round Cocotte, 5.5-quart, Cherry
Enhance your purchase
- Made in France , Heavy weight tight-fitting lid retains moisture spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven safe up to 900F/482C without lid Lids are oven safe up to 500F/260C , Nickel steel knob
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops including gas electric glass ceramic induction and halogen
- Unique interior matte texture results in exceptional browning , Dishwasher safe hand wash recommended
- Like all enameled cast iron cookware, our handcrafted pieces are fired upside-down in a kiln. To ensure thorough enameling, they are rotated with each coat. This might result in minor color variations from where the rim rested on the rack.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The Staub cocotte is unsurpassed for slow-cooking meats and vegetables to tender perfection, and for simmering hearty stews and soups. Cast iron possesses exceptional heat-retaining qualities, so the pot heats evenly throughout. The innovative lid features tiny spikes on the interior that continually release condensed liquid back onto the food, yielding moist, flavorful results.
Staub's special matte black enamel interior and self-basting spiked lid guarantee perfect browning and braising for flavor-enhanced food. With their exquisite enamel finish, each piece transitions beautifully from the kitchen to the table. From comfort food to sumptuous suppers, every dish is special when served in Staub.
Staub enameled cast iron cookware is the choice of the world's best chefs. With exceptional durability, it is perfect for day-to-day use in both gourmet home kitchens and prestigious restaurants around the world. Built to last a lifetime, these heirloom pieces can be passed from generation to generation.
Proudly Made in France
Proudly made in France, the iconic 4-quart cocotte is part of the STAUB enameled cast iron series. Located in Northern France, the STAUB factory boasts employees that are fiercely proud of their work. Each piece is unique – the beautiful result of hand and machine. A single cocotte takes a week to make and is handled by over 20 people from start to finish.
Black Matte Enamel Interior
The Staub cocotte is unsurpassed for slow-cooking meats and vegetables to tender perfection, and for simmering hearty stews and soups. The black matte enamel interior ensures exceptional browning and the cast iron construction possesses exceptional heat-retaining qualities, so the pot heats evenly throughout. Clean-up is easy thanks to the easy release enameled surface.
Self-Basting Spiked Lid
The heavyweight, tight-fitting lid is designed to retain moisture. This innovative lid also features tiny spikes on the interior that continually release condensed liquid back onto the food for a rainforest effect that yields moist, flavorful results. This unique design distributes moisture more effectively than a conventional lid, so food won’t dry out when braising for long periods of time.
Goes From Oven to Table
Built to last a lifetime, STAUB cocottes are heirloom pieces that can be passed from generation to generation. While durable enough to use every day in the kitchen, with their fine quality and exquisite enamel finish, the iconic STAUB cocottes also travel elegantly right to the table for serving family and guests alike.
No customer reviews
|5 star 44% (44%)||44%|
|4 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|3 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|2 star 56% (56%)||56%|
|1 star 0% (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
-conducts heat very well
-easy to clean
-Staub offers limited lifetime warranties on a their products
-the inside of the lid has points that create a rainfall effect on the food, locking in moisture
-the entire pot, including handles and lid, get very hot very quickly so you will always need to have a pot holder on hand (true with any French oven)
-it is heavy, around 12 lbs, which is part of the reason it cooks so well but can be cumbersome to carry
I have recommended this product to several friends and family members and am considering buying more sizes for myself since it has become one of the most used items in my kitchen!
I used a Dutch Oven from a different manufacturer for several years. I loved it for a while. It cooked and baked great. But before too long it had stains in the bottom that I could not get out. It bothered me more and more as they got worse.
So, I started looking for a replacement. I checked all the reviews. I fully intended to bite the $$$ bullet and buy LaCruset. But I kept saying to myself that it had the same white enamel interior as the one I was ready to replace.
Then, I noticed that Staub has a black interior. I have had a LaCruset cast iron skillet for several years and love it. The more I read, the more I became convinced that this was the best option for me.
1) It is beautiful! I got red and it is perfect for my kitchen....a pleasant red...not orange or burgundy.
2) Food cooks perfectly! I have used it on the stove and in the oven with great results every time.
3) It is easy to clean! I made a dish the other day that need up with baked on cheese. I wondered how hard I would have to work to clean it. I soaked it for a while and it was totally clean in just a few wipes.
4) It was considerably less money than LaCruset but was also made in France by a trusted company.
My only regret was waiting so long to buy it.