Other Sellers on Amazon
+ S$10.13 delivery
Thermos Stainless King 16 Ounce Food Jar with Folding Spoon, Stainless Steel
- THERMOS vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold, keeps liquids hot for 7 hours and cold for 9 hours
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Cool to the touch with hot liquids, sweat proof with cold
- Compact and insulated stainless steel serving bowl; full size folding stainless steel spoon included
- Wide mouth is easy to fill, eat from and clean
- For maximum thermal efficiency, preheat or pre-chill the product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty water. After filling container with contents, re-cover with lid to increase thermal efficiency. Never use a microwave, conventional oven, or other heat source for this purpose.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The THERMOS brand is well known as the quality and performance leader in insulated food and beverage products. The Stainless King series creates a new chapter in THERMOS' storied history with a modern line that blends out newest technology with a dash of the past. An ideal choice for people on the go, the Stainless King Vacuum Insulated Food Jar is built to last and loaded with features to make for a more enjoyable eating experience. THERMOS vacuum insulation technology virtually eliminates temperature change within the food container by creating an airless space between two stainless steel walls. The result is an insulation layer that performs better than any other. A superior insulated container you can depend on to keep your food hotter, colder, fresher, longer. This food jar keeps items hot for 7 hours or cold for 9, making it a great choice for long days where mealtimes might be a little irregular. Constructed with double wall stainless steel, this 16 ounce food jar is virtually durable, yet its sleek design is both eye-catching and functional. The contoured body shape is easy to grip and the wide mouth opening is easy to fill, eat from and clean. The lid serves a dual purpose by also functioning as a serving bowl. The Stainless King Food Jar features premium, double wall vacuum insulation so the stainless steel body stays cool to the touch with hot items and condensation-free with cold items. Only the best materials are used to construct this food jar and are 100% BPA free. In order to maximize the incredible insulation technology, it is recommended to either pre-chill or pre-heat the food jar just prior to use. This can be accomplished by filling the food jar with cold or hot tap water, attaching the lid and letting it rest for a few minutes. Before you are ready to use, simply empty the water and fill with your favorite food item. Attaching the lid will further increase the thermal efficiency.
Protect What You Love
At Thermos, we exist to protect the things that may seem small but often make the biggest impact. For over 110 years, our industry-defining insulated products have been consistently proven durable and reliable for one reason; when it comes to what matters, you shouldn’t have to settle for good enough.
Technology Matters: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology keeps hot things hot and cold things cold
Without insulation, heat or cold finds its way inside through the process of convection.
THERMOS vacuum insulation creates an airless space between two walls, virtually eliminating the convection process and temperature change.
Your drink will stay icy cold or steamy hot no matter what the forecast.
Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly and allow time to dry.
Contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. As soon as possible after each and every use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water. Allow all parts to dry completely prior to next use or storage.
Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.
Do not use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
This product is top-rack dishwasher safe; however, hand washing is recommended as the dishwasher uses harsher detergents and hot water that may affect the appearance of your product.
Residual liquids, foods, or other contents may become trapped between product components, such as lid parts, container parts, gaskets (flexible band around lid and/or stopper), or straws (if present in the product). Although this product is top-rack dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended to ensure that all parts of the product are thoroughly cleaned
For maximum thermal efficiency, preheat or pre-chill the product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty water. After filling container with contents, re-cover with lid to increase thermal efficiency. Never use a microwave, conventional oven, or other heat source for this purpose.
Assembly and Use
Stopper with Lid
1. Remove lid (A) by twisting counterclockwise.
2. Remove spoon (B) (if present) by pulling up on it.
3. Open container (E) by twisting stopper (C) counterclockwise.
4. Remove gasket (D) from underside of stopper (C).
5. Wash all parts separately, then re-assemble. Ensure gasket (D) is properly seated to minimize leaking.
6. Fill container (E) with contents. Do not overfill: Leave space for stopper (C), to avoid overflow.
7. Replace both stopper (C) and lid (A) by twisting clockwise.
Note: Spoon (B) (if present) snaps into top of stopper (C) when fully folded and aligned.
- Do not use product in microwave, on stove-top, or in any type of oven.
- Keep out of the reach of children, especially when product contains hot contents, which may burn.
- Always test temperature of contents before consuming.
- Do not overfill the container. Leave space at top of container for lid/stopper, to avoid overflow
- Check to ensure any gasket around lid/stopper is properly positioned to prevent leakage
- Do not leave contents in container for more than 24 hours- spoilage rates depend on several factors.
- Do not use tools or devices to force container to open.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
2 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Beyond that fatal flaw the container holds heat well as you'd expect. I think the top silver cover can serve as a bowl but it's just easier to eat out of the can itself. The spoon is nice. The width of the mouth is pretty wide but still difficult to spoon food into without spilling along the sides.
It is of stainless steel construction, so there is some weight to the little guy. So if you happen to drop it, well it may dent (depending on what it fell onto) or it may just roll on down the floor. Done both, the paint isn't flaking off hasn't hurt the integrity of the thermos at all.
Does it really keep things hot/cold? For me it does. I bought this because of the winter and wanted my own soup to bring with me. I would heat my soup up (like it very hot) put it into the thermos and by the time lunch came around, still had to be careful not to burn my mouth. Oh a neat trick is to fill the thermos with hot tap water before filling with your soup/liquid keeps it hotter even longer. The time span would vary (when I ate my meal) usually within 5 hours but if I didn't get around to eating my soup then it would still be hot 8 hours later.
The folding spoon is such a nice idea, I didn't have to carry another spoon with me, and lose it or get a plastic spoon. It is a sturdy spoon it folds down to 2 3/4 inches and unfolds to 6 inches. There are little metal stoppers on the handle so it can only unfold it one way and then refold the opposite way.
I haven't had it leak either, seals up pleasingly. It is made in China. But the Thermos name still has its reputation intact.
I did wait to write this review I wanted to put the thermos through usage to make sure that my initial impression held true, and it has. This is a sound investment that will last for a good length of time.