|Additional product features||Video|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Power source type||Battery|
|Battery life||9 Hours|
|Standing screen display size||2.8 Inches|
|Manufacturer||VTech Communications, Inc. (Baby)|
|Item model number||VM3252|
|Product Dimensions||12.42 x 12.12 x 7.19 cm; 590 Grams|
VTech VM3252 2.8” Digital Video Baby Monitor with Full-Color and Automatic Night Vision, White
- ** Plug & Play ** The monitor's parent unit and the camera are configured for local monitoring right out of the box – no set up is required. The parent unit is intuitive to use and loaded with useful functions.
- ** Long Range ** Stay in touch to your baby from another room or even from the yard. Go about your day with up to 1000 feet of range.
- ** 2 Way Talk ** Sometimes all your baby needs is to hear the sound of your voice. With the two-way talk-back intercom, you can comfort your baby from any room.
- ** Soothing Sounds and Lullabies ** Gently lull your baby to sleep with 5 calming melodies and 4 sets of ambient sound, including white noise and a trickling stream.
- ** Night Vision ** The baby camera provides crisp, clear footage and automatically switches to the Infrared Night Vision. The monitor ensures your baby's nap is as restful as possible, by notifying you if they move, cry, or if the room temperature is uncomfortable..** Sound Activation Mode ** Save power with the parent unit screen turned off until it senses noise. A visual and audio indicator will alert you when it's time to check on baby..** Temperature Sensor ** The built-in temperature sensor on the baby camera will send alert to the parent unit. Lets you know when it's time to adjust the thermostat.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
With a high-resolution screen, the VTech VM3252 2.8" Digital Video Baby Monitor lets you see all the fun baby's having, from any room in the house. It's easy to adjust the camera angle so you can place the camera anywhere in the nursery and get the best view on the parent unit's 2.8-inch color LCD. Baby need you? Let them know you're on your way with the two-way, talk-back intercom. Then help your little one get extra comfy with the soothing sounds and lullabies that play right from the baby unit. The VM3252 baby monitor makes it easy to check in, even during nap time. Auto night vision gives you a clear view of the crib without disturbing your little one's sleep. Plus, a built-in temperature sensor lets you know if it's getting too hot or too cold in the nursery with an alert on the parent unit.
Everything you need for peace of mind.
Comfort baby from any room
Sometimes baby needs to hear the sound of your voice. Sing her favorite song through a two-way, talk-back intercom.
Slip into a sweet slumber
Five calming lullabies and four soft ambient sounds, including a trickling stream and white noise, help her easily drift into dreamland.
See her day or night
Automatic infrared night vision gives you a clear view of the nursery even with the lights out, so you can check in without disturbing your little one.
Save power on the parent unit
Save power with the parent unit screen turned off until it senses noise. A visual and audio indicator will alert you when it's time to check on baby.
Keep her cozy
The temperature indicator on the parent unit lets you know when it's time to adjust the thermostat.
Room with a view
The camera is easy to adjust, so you can have the best view no matter where you place the baby unit.
Stay in touch to your baby from another room or even from the yard. Go about your day with up to 1,000 feet of range.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I've used both over the past few weeks and they're both very good, but there are a couple of things that are just OK. I prefer the XDR-8.
- The only feature this has that the DXR-8 doesn't is the ability to play music to the baby. I've never needed to use it.
- This one can't be muted, it's a bit annoying if your baby is very noisy in general (my daughter plays quite loudly). The DXR-8 can be muted.
- The user interface is not intuitive. There are three different volume controls and sensitivities that I still don't quite understand the use for. I did read the manual but have completely forgotten what they mean. I found the DXR-8 much more intuitive.
- The settings revert to default when you turn the unit off and on again. (I always had to remember to turn the volume down after I turn it on). I turned it off to conserve the battery since we only used it at night and during naps. Again, not an issue on the DXR-8.
- The "crying" LED/light indicator is small and sometimes it doesn't light up at all. Compared to the DXR-8 where the whole left side lights up no matter what the settings are. It's difficult to see out of the corner of your eye. I usually have the monitor on my desk and it's nice to be able to see it out the corner of my eye while it's muted.
- This doesn't have a USB charger (the parent unit only charges from a wall charger). The DXR-8 comes with 2 USB cables for charging.
- For international users, this comes with USA wall plugs. You'll need 2 adapters, but the voltage is compatible with 220V house circuitry.
- You can switch between C and F (I have mine on C).
- The camera can't be remotely moved. This isn't a huge problem for me becuase my daughter is young still (she's 8m old) and not very mobile yet. As she gets older I definitely think that being able to move the camera will be very useful.
All of these things are relatively trivial. This functions fine as a baby monitor, but the DXR-8 is just easier to use and has really nice features. It is definitely a good quality product and I haven't had any hardware/quality issues with it. If you're on a budget then this is definitely a good option.
I like that the camera itself has an adjustable neck so that you can position it just so. I mounted ours on the wall and adjusted it to get the exact view I wanted. The parent unit itself has a smaller screen than what I'm used to, but I can still see pretty well. The picture quality leaves a little something to be desired, but it's acceptable. The night view is the same, acceptable but not totally crystal clear - there is some graininess. Now, on the unit itself, unfortunately you can't pan the camera BUT, you can pan the camera when you zoom in, which I appreciate.
I like that you can set the temperature alert, but was a little annoyed that you can't set the max. to lower than 77 degrees. You can on the prior model VTech that we had, so I'm not really sure why you can't on this one.
Regarding people saying you can't mute the unit...I'm not sure what they are referring to. I am able to turn the sound on the parent unit down all the way until it shows a mute icon, and I went in the room to test it out and no sound was emitting from the unit.
The lullaby feature works nicely, no complaints there.
All in all a good monitor for the price, assuming it lasts :) Will report back if it doesn't.