Volcanic Hills Pinot Noir, Central Otago, New Zealand 2016
Enhance your purchase
- Our ever popular Central Otago Pinot Noir 2016 is available to enjoy now or cellar. Still unfolding, the 2016 vintage is a fresh, vibrant, supple red, French oak-aged for a year. Deep ruby, it has very good vigour and concentration, with cherry, plum and spice flavours, a hint of herbs, savoury notes adding complexity and a finely balanced finish
- Colour: Deep purple with a bright ruby red rim.
- Bouquet: Classic red and dark Cherries, hints of Plum, complemented by lifted notes of wild herbs..
- Palate: A rich and classical Central Otago styled Pinot Noir. Flavours of ripe cherries and a large blob of juicy dark fruits mixed with 100% cocoa chocolate, providing a lovely plumpness to the wine. A nice glimpse of vanilla oak mixed with a hint of Portabello mushrooms, highlights the fine elegant finish.
- Food Match: Wild Pork, Duck, Lamb and game. *Key flavours for matching are the dried herb notes or red fruit.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Buy it with
Deep purple with a bright ruby red rim. Fresh vibrant aromas of red cherries infused with plum and raspberry, complemented by lifted hints of spice and wild herbs. A rich round almost gumminess, with excellent structure and concentration lead by fine acidity, plump tannins and a quantity of savoury spice hovering a lasting elegant finish. Enjoyed as a young wine but will reward with cellaring.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|