Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Watch Dogs Legion - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
Enhance your purchase
- Recruit and play as anyone from London. Everyone you see has a unique backstory, personality, and skill set for unique situations
- Hack armed drones, deploy spider-bots, and take down enemies using an Augmented Reality Cloak
- Explore a massive urban open world featuring London’s many iconic landmarks and fun side activities
- Team up with your friends as you complete co-op missions and unique game modes
- Upgrade to the Gold Edition or Ultimate Edition for access to the season pass and more
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Upgrade to PlayStation 5 Version: Watch Dogs: Legion PlayStation 4 game on Blu-Ray Disc must be kept inserted in a PlayStation 5 console to play the corresponding Watch Dogs: Legion PlayStation 5 digital version at no additional cost, when available.
Requires a PlayStation 5, the game Blu-Ray Disc, a PlayStation Network registration, additional storage & Broadband internet connection. May incur bandwidth usage fees.
Build a resistance made from anyone in the world to take back a near-future London that is facing its downfall. Recipient of over 65 E3 awards and nominations.
Pre-order now and get the Golden King pack featuring a mask, car skin, and 2 weapon skins.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1. Animations are choppy and clearly unfinished lacking a clear distinct focus and overall attention to detail. Seems to be a typical Ubisoft blunder each time except it's clearly intentional each time they do it. Let's not polish our crap game because we have to have something out by the holiday season and this year, something to coincide with the release of two garbage out-of-date overpriced consoles to support their joke of a launch lineup.
2. The story is nonsense, another typical Ubisoft narrative about a government and/or tyrannical dictator overtaking an entire city/region of people too scared to fight back except EVERYONE apparently fights back in this BS game filled with political jargon that's both cringeworthy as it is unbelievable. I find Saturday morning cartoon shows more suspenseful than this crap. Not to mention the fact that this story is repeated quite often in Ubisoft's other major franchise IPs including Assassin's Creed and Far Cry. AC Syndicate already did a government siege of London, why do we need a repeat with Watch Dogs?
3. Aiden Pierce is paid DLC in this game. Keyword Paid because Ubisoft apparently didn't meet their fiscal quarter not to mention this boring Batman ripoff character from the first game couldn't stay in his own country let alone his own city. So they just keep shoving him in every new WD game trying to come up with some kind of stupid excuse as to why he's there. Only a fool would support this kind of anti-consumer crap in this industry at this point.
4. Shooting, the shooting in this stupid game is horrible. The aiming like in other Ubisoft games feels off and constantly forces the player to re-aim in order to pull off basic shots. It doesn't make it any better that the enemies are now damage sponges with their own health bars ever so slightly appearing above their head but the game isn't an RPG so why did the clowns at Ubisoft decide that this was a good design choice?
5. Driving, the driving is also awful in this copy/paste nonsense. EVERY vehicle in this game has zero weight to them. They just slide around all over the place and if you want to come to a complete stop, you have to stop in advance sometimes several blocks away. The faster cars in the game are an absolute nightmare as is the turning. You want to go around a corner clean in this game? Nope, try again. Ubisoft forgot to add the realism. Once again, videogames fail at representing what it's like to drive an actual car.
6. Permadeath. Permadeath in videogames is basically a one life penalty where the player only has one life for any given playthrough. Permadeath in this game comes in the form of the player losing access to an NPC permanently for the rest of their playthrough if that NPC is killed. First, this doesn't work at all because it's presented as a joke. NPCs usually don't die in this game. If you die in combat, the NPCs are either Injured, Arrested, or they go Missing. And the funny part is that if you turn Permadeath off and an NPC is "arrested", you have access to them again 40 minutes to an hour later even if you go on a killing spree. Ubisoft said, Let's just throw realism out the window except for when we deem it necessary. All Permadeath does especially on hard difficulty is make the game frustrating and turn it into a test of frustration considering all it does is remove NPCs from your team. If you want more NPCs, you have to do missions that can take hours. Building a team of 20 NPCs can take an entire day and while you're doing these one off missions, you start to notice a pattern of repetition that's present in EVERY modern Ubisoft game.
7. NPCs. You can play as anyone in this game, that's the whole theme or gimmick of this game, the selling point. And it's true, somewhat that you can walk up to any character in the game and "recruit" them. However as I mentioned previously, it's not that simple. In order to recruit an NPC, you have to complete repetitive missions that can take a long time to finish if you want a strong team. Each NPC looks unique but not only have I ran into NPCs who you can tell are the same character sprite and Ubisoft did minimal effort to distinguish the two as if they thought no one would notice (the same character sprite can have facial hair while the other one has a tattoo), but the system also works against itself because each NPC has a special ability. This ability/perk pool serves as a lazy means to distinguish the different NPCs but it fails considering each NPC usually has the same handful of perks making the system as deep as a water puddle.
8. Mission Structure. This game suffers from what I call, the Fetch Quest design. Go here and pick this up, Go to X and activate this, Go take X and drive/deliver it to this random place, copy/paste/rinse/repeat ad nauseum. The biggest problem with Ubisoft games is their clear lack of polish and attention to detail along with their repetition. The reason this problem consists from game to game to game is because Ubisoft doesn't care about the consumer, they care about profit and how much money they've made for any individual fiscal quarter. They are known to release games unfinished with a Patch It Later mentality and will charge for multiple separate editions of the game to capitalize on preorders and try to raise profit through spamming DLC and Microtransactions. Every single one of their games now has a store players can go to purchase credits and spend them on BS like character skins, weapon skins, in-game boosts, skin bundles, anything related to cosmetics. WD Legion does the EXACT same thing AC Origins, AC Odyssey, Far Cry 5, and others have done. We just went through this crap with Square Enix's terrible Avengers game. How many times are gamers going to put up with this crap and not speak out against companies like Ubisoft, EA, Activision, and Square Enix before they stop trying to ripoff their fanbases?
9. This game is not only a bad game, it's a bad game that was released buggy! Watch Dogs Legion has been reported by players for having a really terrible autosave system where the game will randomly save the game when it feels like it and there's no marker on screen like their should be to indicate to the player that the game is saving. There's no manual save either so if you do what I did and close the application, the game could decide on a dime that hey, I'm not going to save your progress and there's nothing you can do about it. I had to restart this stupid game 2 hours in from the very beginning because of this one flaw right here which should've been rectified before release. I've read reports of people playing through this game 5 hours in or multiple hours in over that and losing their ENTIRE save file. I played this on PS4 so it's not just an issue on PC but on console as well.
10. Top three worst games released in 2020 so far, 1. The Last of Us 2 2. Marvel's Avengers 3. Watch Dogs Legion. All three of these games have the same thing in common, they all had every right to succeed and no right to fail. I don't care how much these games sold because good sales don't translate to quality, don't believe me? Ask the music and the film industry. I don't care what some moron journalist from IGN or Gamespot gave these games. Gaming journalists lost their credibility years ago when they became more political and will rate games based on their artistry rather than their fun factor. I don't care what some clown on Youtube like ACG gave this stupid game when this game clearly was released unfinished and suffers in multiple areas because of it.
Gamers sending death threats to CD Projekt Red on Twitter for delaying Cyberpunk 2077 again is too funny but I guarantee that when that game finally releases, it won't suffer from the myriad of bug/glitch/crash problems that Avengers and Watch Dogs Legion did during their launch and that game is offering free DLC in a corrupt industry that's too far gone where mediocrity is generally accepted as high tier quality (God of War 2018, The Last of Us 2, AC Odyssey, Nier Automata, Sekiro, anything FF, the list goes on), where greed and stupidity has overtaken once great companies (Bungie, Bioware, Naughty Dog, Square Enix, Sony Santa Monica, Machine Games, Super Massive, 505 Games, Netherrealm Studios, Koei Techmo, Team Ninja, Rockstar, Take 2, Bethesda, the list goes on), where sales alone are an indication whether a product succeeds or fails, gamers should expect and DEMAND BETTER QUALITY.
Now these clown companies like Sony and Microsoft want to charge $70 for new games at retail, in online marketplaces like Steam, PS Store, Xbox Live Marketplace and they want to charge $70 for accessories like controllers and what's supposed to be Triple A quality products like The Last of Us 2, Avengers, and Watch Dogs Legion is what these companies deliver to us? Now you can tell me how that's supposed to make sense.
This industry is a business. A business should be 50/50, the companies meet us halfway with quality products, we meet them halfway with profit. Instead, for the last several years it's been more like 30/70, 20/80, even 10/90. I'm not seeing the effort and I'm not going to keep wasting my money on garbage and supporting these multimillion dollar companies who keep spitting in my face. Screw Watch Dogs Legion and Far Cry 6 before that game gets here. When is Spider-Man Miles Morales coming out? When is Cyberpunk 2077 coming out? At least I know I'll get my money's worth with Insomniac Games and CD Projekt Red.
So talented, resources bigger than most developers in the world yet i still see so little innovation in gameplay and writing just took a turn for the worse. I was excited after WD2 because its a massive improvement over the first game but this ones meh.
even worse they're opting for multiple playable characters, imo thats an excuse for not being able to write in a good character as the main/primary protagonist.
I liked bagley's banter and london looks stunning! Ubisoft never disappoints in setting and world design. Everything else though, skip or maybe wait for sale I see it's going for $35 in cyber monday.