Windows 10 For Dummies Paperback – 14 August 2015
Enhance your purchase
Amazon International Store
- Language : English
- Paperback : 432 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119049369
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119049364
- Customer reviews:
From the Back Cover
- Navigate Windows with a mouse or a touchscreen
- Find lost files and missing apps
- Add email addresses for quick access
- Create accounts for your family or guests
Get Windows 10 advice from the series that helped millions of readers
Windows 10 combines the best features of previous Windows releases into an operating system built to run modern devices. Whether you got Windows 10 with a new gadget or updated an old PC with the new version, this book answers your Windows 10 questions in a snap. Open the book to find help with navigating, customizing, and getting results from Windows 10.
- Pull back the curtain on Windows 10 -- create your Windows account, find all the classic Windows tools, and test the features unique to Windows 10
- Start at the Start menu -- maneuver your way around the new Windows 10 Start menu and use it to launch your programs and apps
- Welcome to the world of Windows -- get past the lock screen, sign-in like a breeze, make sense of user accounts, and keep your account private with a password
- Make the Windows 10 desktop work for you -- spread several programs across the screen, create folders to easily organize your files, customize the taskbar, and use the Recycle Bin to discard unwanted items (and easily retrieve recently deleted files if you need them--whew!)
Open the book and find:
- How Windows 10 blends classic and new Windows features
- Windows 10 hardware requirements
- Why Windows 10 runs well on desktop PCs, laptops, tablets, and phones
- A tour of the Windows 10 interface
- Steps for setting up multiple accounts on one Windows 10 device
- Step-by-step instructions for launching programs and apps
- Ways to make programs easier to find
- Guidance on setting up mobile desktops
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Since I upgraded to WIn 10, they have come in very handy to tweak the software they way I want it to work. As an FYI I have been using these help books since my first "DOS for DUMMIES" book helped me learn how to set up and configure the mahsheen in the olden days. (yes, I even had the monochrome screen!)
The format of these books are such that you can diagnose a problem and find a solution without the hassle of spending endless time on the phone with tech support, who may or may not actually help you.
NOTICE: I have NOT receive this product for free or at a reduced price to make an "unbiased" review. I paid for it myself. I have NOT received any compensation to review the product. The above review is my opinion, after having purchased and used the product.
Amazon reviews should be honest so that the next customer can make an informed decision.
Another problem did not affect me, because I followed the advice of "PC Don" (San Diego Union-Tribune) to NOT choose the "express" installation option of Win 10. This book edition doesn't mention that issue, either.
Aside from the above, I DO recommend this book!