- Fry aromatics. Heat 1½ tbsp of oil in a pot over medium heat. Add dried shrimp and lemongrass to oil. Fry until fragrant.
- Cook paste. Add laksa paste to pot. Sauté for 2 mins.
- Combine wet ingredients. Dissolve chicken stock cubes in 2 cups of water. Pour chicken stock and coconut milk into pot. Bring to a boil and stir constantly.
- Simmer. Reduce heat to low. Leave for 10 mins.
- Season. Add lime juice or salt to taste. Leave on stove for 5 mins. Then, take off heat.
Serve with a glass of Wolf Blass Gold Label Chardonnay.
The acidity and fruitiness of this wine balances out the spiciness of the laksa to create a harmonious overall flavour.