Peanut butter spice paste (dressing)
- Place all the ingredients for the Spice paste into a food processor or blender. Blend until fine, add water as needed to ensure that the ingredients blend into a smooth paste. Scrape down the sides and blend a few times as needed.
- Pour out the spice paste into a non-stick skillet on medium heat, and allow to cook for 20 – 25 minutes. The moisture and added water will first evaporate, then the paste will begin to fry.
- After 20 – 25 minutes, place the fried spice paste into a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the peanut butter, lime juice, freshly grated ginger, and soy sauce. Adjust the seasoning by adding more soy sauce if it needs more saltiness, and more lime juice if it needs more acidity.
- Prepare the salad by tossing the baby carrots, asparagus and broccolini with 3 tbsp of grapeseed oil in a large tray. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables at 200°C for 12 – 15 minutes, turn the vegetables at the 5 and 10 minute mark to ensure that all sides get a nice char.
- Allow the roasted vegetables to cool then slice into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare the croutons by tossing the large cubes of white bread with grape seed oil. Bake in the oven at 185°C for 15 – 20 minutes till golden brown.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper, then pan sear in a non-stick skillet with a bit of oil until cooked through. Allow to cool and slice into bite sized pieces
- Now you can finally assemble the salad. Place the roasted vegetables into a large mixing bowl, add in the kale, as well as the chicken pieces. Drizzle in some of the peanut dressing and toss it well with your hands to ensure that every piece gets a nice, even coating. Plate up the salad on a nice serving bowl and drizzle more of the peanut dressing over. Enjoy!