Top positive review
An improvement from 1More Piston Fit but a step back in the high frequencies
Reviewed in Singapore on 8 December 2020
I bought 2 pairs of 1More Piston Fits and loved the insane value they deliver for the price (SGD 20). This built my confidence in stepping up to the Triple Driver, and here's what I found in relation to the price and competitive alternatives ( 5 = pass, 10 = perfect for its price-quality range.).
- I own a Koss Porta Pro (which I loved for its strong bass),
- a Beyerdynamic Byron,
- a Beyerdynamic DT770 pro.
- AKG K518 LE-DJ
- Packaging (12/10) - High-quality solid packaging and accessories, incredible value for money
- General Build (9/10) - Good, solid feel with quality materials
- Cable (8/10) - Strong, with some cable noise with movement
- Fit (8/10) - Good fit (but this is really subjective)
- Audio Quality (8/10)
- Bass (strong very well defined with lots of details preserved) (10/10)
- Mids (Good) (8/10) - But lacks some warmth
- Highs (Subpar) (6/10) - surprisingly lags behind the clean clarity of the PistonFits. The Triple appears to handle higher frequencies than the PistonFits, but the quality was strained and almost clipping. Most noticeable in female vocals ( Sopranos - Descants). Had it for 2 days and was quite disappointed in this aspect of its performance.
An unusual complaint I have is experiencing an electric shock in my ear (not static). This happened to my family members as well who tried it on. Has anyone else experienced this?
Compared with the Piston fit, I had to lower my volume down by 20% for the Triple Driver as it could pump way more volume.