Best racing game I have ever played
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 27 January 2019
I had done a review before after playing on HDR tv, it was really great, now I decided to play it, but now I use a projector with no HDR, and this changes my whole review and rating
- A lot of cars, really a lot
- A lot of tracks
- Realistic driving, at least way more realistic than forza horizon
- Way more fun than horizon 4
- Challenging, choose no aids, put AI on expert level, enjoy
- It has a huge and great campaign
- No radio during racing, as it should be
- Dynamic weather
- Good audio, cars and menu music all fitting
- calibration is wrong if you don't have HDR, no way to fix it, developers do not care, people have complain about this for over 3 years now, this alone means this game has no change of rating over 3 stars, its broken
- Why do I start out the game already with over 30 cars in my garage? It takes out the fun of buying and having to earn money to buy cars
- I cant see which position I finished on a previous championship
- When buying a car, it takes long to load the designs
- Why do cars come already upgraded, half the fun of old gran turismo and forza was to buy parts and upgrade, that is now gone, everything is automated
- Mods, why does this even exist? Is this a motorsport game or a teenage play at cars?
- Game starts with 3 unskippable races, why? Just let me start the campaign from 0
- No licenses, that's what I loved the most in GT
- You can progress too easy, don't have to complete half the events
- AI is too aggressive, very unrealistic, even when I switch it off from the menu
- When starting a race it doesn't default to my chosen view, cockpit until 2 seconds before starting the race
PS - If developers would fix the calibration I'd raise the rating to a 4 stars, even tough it is a little too late already.
With that said, I will not purchase forza 8, no matter what, I wont be fooled again by the paid reviews like IGN.
I will wait until forza 8 costs 15pounds maximum. Shame, had they fixed forza 7, I'd preorder the next one.
With that said, this is still the best car game ever, because competition has bigger issues, example GT has a terrible campaign, far too easy licenses, no dynamic weather, not enough cars, no rumble triggers, no cockpit on some cars, not enough damage model and so on.
6 people found this helpful