Top positive review
Amazing travel companion.
Reviewed in Singapore on 16 December 2019
If you have long commute, travel often or just like playing your games lying down rather than in front of your TV (because you're old like me and your back hurts) - this little guy will change your life for the better.
Phone is still easier to whip out and start playing/procrastinating but quality of the experience is not comparable. You just can't beat physical controls, dedicated battery and a great library of games.
Special appreciation from me is for the sheer amount of local multiplayer games. In the age where it's almost impossible to find a game to play with your friend at home, having so many on the Switch is very refreshing.
- Being able to play some 2 player games with just joycons on the go is absolutely genius
- Graphics fidelity is surprisingly good in portable mode. Especially when you launch a game that you've seen on a home console before.
- I love having games on cards. Since they're so small you can carry most of your library with you, while still retaining the benefits of physical media.
- Joycons are a bit wobbly while attached to the console. It never feels truly solid. Nothing major and you stop noticing it after some time, but still a bit disappointing.
- Image quality on a big TV feels a bit outdated (I did not expect much to begin with, but just a warning for people expecting this to be a full blown home console)